1

"HA! i won!" i yelled towards my soon-to-be-housepet. his eyes widened, his fists clenched and it was pretty obvious that he was extremely furious. what a doggy.

"h-how?! i had a good hand ... fuck you." he told me while walking off. i smiled with victory and chuckled as i watched him walk away with anger all over his body.

"i'm gonna take a break now." i told the crowd around me as i left the table as well. i've been gambling with that weakling for about 10 minutes and i already felt bored. what a shame, wanting to gamble with me yet you knew that you were gonna loose in every damn round.

i sighed and looked at the hair pin tsuzura gave her before she left me. i admired it and kept thinking about all the memories we had before the left.

the only thing that kept concerning me was that i never got to confess my feelings towards her on our last day.

Mary's Last Day with Tsuzura

"mary chan~! doesn't the tree look so beautiful?" she asked me while holding my hand. i immediately got flustered and removed eye contact from her but never let go of her hand.

"y-yeah." i told her while being nervous.

she giggled and pulled me closer than the usual distance we have.

"mary chan ... do you want to know why i brought you here with me?" she asked as she caressed my left cheek. i finally gave eye contact to her but my eyes widened. tears started flowing from her eyes, but i didn't know why.

"w-why are you crying?" i asked, knowing that it might've been a horrible question. she looked at me and smiled with tears that never stopped flowing.

then suddenly, she hugged me and snuggled her face on my neck.

"mary chan, thank you. thank you for accepting me as your ally. thank you for being my friend."

this felt like a show romance show except ... she doesn't love me back, well, i think. she pulled away but i still wanted her warmth back. i wanted to feel her, i wanted to be with her forever.

eventually, that feeling stopped when she told me.

"mary chan ... i'm moving tomorrow. i'm going overseas to study in America since i can't handle the gambling mess i've gone through with you." she told me while smiling, "also, i shall give you this since i don't really want you to forget me! alright?"

she gave me her hair pin and grabbed my palm to place her hair pin on it.

"tsuzura ... i-" i couldn't even speak. i look down, full of guilt and thought that we would be together. we would be a couple. we could've been more than allies or friends. we could've ...

"mary ... you'll always be my prince."

my eyes widened and as i watched her leave me, i suddenly felt an urge to tell her how i felt. "tsuzura!" i yelled.

she turned around and she gave me her full attention before her departure.

"i-i'll always be your prince! y-you-your only prince!" i yelled at her while gripping onto her hair pin.

she smiled and nodded, leaving me all alone in the cherry blossoms.

she kept walking.

and walking.

and walking, until she disappeared.

damn it.

she's gone.

"you're honestly so good at lying tsuzura." i muttered while looking down at the hair pin she gave me. i watched the gold reflecting on the hair pin and kinda grinned. i shook my head, placed the hairpin inside my pocket and left the sakura tree.

"roses ... what a nice scent."

Back to Reality

"tch. you're fault for leaving me in this shitty school." i grumbled while placing the hair pin inside my pocket. i started walking in the hallways of the school until i heard something.

"there it is!"

"is she winning?"

"oh my, she's betting on too much chips."

i heard a lot of people whisper as they gathered around the school cafeteria. there might've been a gamble in there so since i'm bored, i might as well visit it.

"rock, paper, scissors ... "

both cards when tossed down by both competitors, it didn't suprised me that it was yumeko who was gambling though. "oh my! looks like i win, do you have 5,000 yen in you?" she asked him.

he shook his head nervously and immediately ran away like my other opponent earlier.

anyways, that's a compulsive gambler for you, ladies an gentlemen.

i turned around trying my best to get out of the crowd so that yumeko won't give me those stupid hugs.

"crap ... she might see me. i better le-" i tried to mumble my way out, until i felt a back hug behind me. crap. it didn't work. ugh, looks like my idea got ruined.

"mary-san!"

"y-yumeko ... " i called, wanting to hug her back but it might be hella awkward and weird. she finally let go and held my hand with both of her hands.

"did you see that game? wasn't it wonderful?" she exclaimed. i kind of flinch by her touch and eventually nodded and gave her a smile.

"let's go to the exits now! suzui-san might be waiting for us." she pulled my hand and told me that.

honestly, i only thought of yumeko as a friend but ever since the hugs started to happen, she started becoming like a version of tsuzura.

no.

don't replace her.

this compulsive gambler is nothing like that cinnamon roll.

nobody can replace tsuzura.