12

oh. halloween. i kinda forgot about that holiday but i obviously didn't feel like dressing up.

"hmm, i should probably stop by somewhere today ..." i muttered while lying down on my bed. i closed my eyes for second and got that same memory of ririka and i 3 days ago.

the memory kept flashing in my head and as i kept remembering them, i placed my pillow on my face and kept trying to forget the memories. "ignore it. ignore it. ignore it. ignore it!!" my voice muffled.

just then, i had a great idea.

"the beach!" i yelled as i removed my pillow out of my face. i got up and started changing to go to the beach today. of course, i'm not going to swim since it's kinda cold but i might as well just walk for a while.

"all done. i just need a scarf ... " i mumbled while going through my closet. i went through many clothes and other things i kinda forgot about until i found the scarf that i needed. i flashed a grin until i realized ...

it was yumeko's.

"her scent is still there." i said as i sniffed the scarf. her scent, it smells so good and i kinda miss her. ugh, i keep thinking about her, i gotta stop.

i wrapped her scarf around my neck and left the house.

//

"s-so cold." i stuttered while shivering. there were a few people just playing with the sand and other people just walking and other things that were available to do. i looked around and starting walk to my right side. the wind was chilly, clouds were kinda grey and there were kids laughing.

this felt relaxing. no drama, romance, or anything related to gambling. if only this feeling lasted for a longtime, it would've been amazing.

suddenly, the wind got stronger and the scarf got blown away. i started panicking, hoping it didn't land on the water but as i turned around, i saw suzui picking up the scarf that was given to me.

huh. he's here. well, that sorta ruined the mood.

"suzui!!" i yelled as the wind calmed down. how unexpected for someone like him to go out in the beach.

"saotome!" he yelled back as he saw me.

he ran up towards me and gave me the red sweater. "thanks." i told him while wrapping it on. he grinned and turned his head towards the ocean. "saotome, u-uh, what brings you here?" he asked awkwardly, bringing his attention to me again.

"nothing much. i just needed a break to be honest." i told him as i turned away and decided to walk, "wanna walk together?" i asked him before taking one more step forward. he looked towards me for a second and eventually nodded, walking beside me.

"i should ask the same suzui. what brings you here?" i asked. he gave off a chuckle first and then answered while looking at the ocean. "i felt bored. that's why!" something feels off about him. no, wrong statement. everything feels off around both of us. it sounded like he was lying but you know, i don't want him to judge me or something.

//

we've been making short convos for the past 5 minutes of walking. there were awkward intentions between both of us but that didn't matter. right now, we are just eating ice cream on a random bench suzui found. "saotome, u-uh want some drinks?" he asked me nervously. i flashed a grin towards him and nodded later. he smiled back towards me and went away to get some drinks.

"can't believe i had to spend my beach hours with him." i mumbled and gave another lick.

"saotome!!" i heard a voice, seeing suzui with drinks. "here, i got come coffee for you." he told me. i thanked him and proceeded to eat the last few pieces of my ice cream and start drinking. while drinking, i also noticed that the dark haired latter kept looking at me.

"what?" i stopped drinking to ask him.

he flinched and immediately looked away, having a look of embarrassment. how weird.

"n-nothing! it's not like i was looking at you or anything." he said nervously. what a pathetic lie. sometimes, i don't understand how he became my friend because all i remember what that, he was my housepet and now my friend. yumeko's fault, probably.

"s-saotome ..."

"hm?"

"since halloween is technically today, want to just look around the store full of costumes? i-i sorta forgot the name ... hehe."

i looked at him, seeing that smile and placing his right hand in the back of his nape, it's a signature move from him ... i guess. i nodded and as both of us got up, we threw our trash away and decided to walk together to go towards the store he wanted to go to.

.

.

.

"there were so many costumes that looked fun!" he exclaimed while we both exited out of the store. i didn't really buy anything but since suzui requested me to go with him, it was pretty obvious he was gonna buy some stuff. "saotome, want to walk to the cafe? i'm feeling a little bit hungry."

when the hell is he gonna stop asking me to go somewhere with him?

"sure i guess." i mumbled and still walked with him. i was getting a bit tired but suzui's enthusiasm didn't stop me. not only was i getting tired but the whole time i kept wondering how ririka knew. the door was shut, right? did she prank me or something? it's bothering me for a while now.

"saotome." his voice stopped my thinking. i hummed towards him and caught up on his pace since i realized that i was far behind. "i might take out yumeko somewhere! i don't know where but i'll see." my eyes widened from what he told me. taking out yumeko?

what?

"co-congrats!" my voice cracked, trying to hide my anger but also having a little sadness in the inside.

"oh! that's right! is the christmas tree worth it? like, to bring her there?" he asked me, finally arriving at the cafe. i didn't feel like answering his question. i just felt like running.

running away from everything.

love.

drama.

confusion.

"sorry suzui ... i-i gotta go."

"oh alright. be saf-"

i ran.

i ran as fast as i could until i run out of energy. tears started coming out, my pace of running got a bit slower and i couldn't control it.

i just wanted yumeko.

nobody else.

i just want to be in her arms, hugging her, doing lewd shit with her and loving her.

"i need her."