3

beep.

beep.

beep.

7:00 AM

"school? damn it, i forgot about the homework."  i grumbled as i got up from my bed and prepared for school.

.

.

.

"bye! have a great day in school mary~!" 

"mhm, see you."

i closed my door and walked out of my parents' house. i went down the tiny stairs that were in our front door and heard footsteps coming near the right side. the footsteps got louder and when i finally saw who it is, i kind of frowned because it was pretty obvious it was yumeko.

"mary-san" she ran up towards me to give me a hug but i eventually stopped her by placing my hand on her hair. "no h-hugs."

shit.

i stuttered.

"alright alright." she said as she walked past me on purpose. i was still concerned of what she asked me a few days ago.

"have you ever fallen in love?"

the question flashed in my head but i tried to get it out. i immediately shook my head nonstop and kept smacking my cheeks.

yumeko, why are you asking such a silly question? she acts like as if that memory didn't exist at all.

"y-yumeko! i- wait up!" i startled as i realized that she left me for a while now.

"there you are!" suzui exclaimed in the front doors of the academy. yumeko and i were a bit late since the train left early and we had to wait for 20 minutes. "geez, you guys look tired." he said as he scratched the back of his hair with his left hand.

"you think we don't?!" i yelled as i was about to grab his collar but yumeko grabbed my wrist. "saotome-san, we're gonna be late. no time to nag suzui-san like that~" she sing-song and let go of my wrist to go to class.

"y-yeah ... let's go." he stammered and left me dumbfounded.

HUH? DID SHE LITERALLY STOP ME?! I'LL PAY THAT GIRL WITH SOMETHING!

"tch. damn you jabami." i mumbled as i followed along as well.

Lunchtime

"saotome-san~"

"saotome-san~"

"mary-san~"

it was finally lunchtime, but i couldn't even go to lunch with itsuki since she's with kaede. you know, relationships. these two kept trying to get me up from my desk but i wouldn't even budge. i just wanted them to leave and let them eat together but they always ask me. ME?! I'M LITERALLY LIKE A THIRD WHEEL.

"how do we wake her up?" suzui asked yumeko. i was waiting for a response since i wanted to see how she's gonna get me up. there's no way yumeko can "wake" me up. besides, i won't even be convinced.

"i got an idea!" she exclaimed. i smirked with victory since i already knew i could just be still laying my head on the desk.

"mary chan~"

i widened my eyes and finally got up. i realized i might've took everyone's attention but whatever. my fists clenched, my teeth gritted and i was full of anger. yumeko gave me that sarcastic chuckle of hers and i couldn't even explain how much i just wanted to punch that smile off her face.

"shut up. only she's allowed to call me that." i growled as i grabbed her jacket and pinned her on the wall.

"saotome ... " i heard suzui whispered.

i tightened my grip on her jacket and gave her my angry look. "mary-san ... it hurts." yumeko pouts which cause me to be a bit red but i was still angry at her. eventually, i gave in and let go.

suzui walked up to her and asked if she was okay. "of course, besides, that's very unexpected of you. mary-"

"shut up." i interrupted as i looked at the two, "nobody is allowed to call me that. not even both you. i-i'm leaving." i told them and stomped my way outside of class.

"y-yumeko ... what happened?" suzui asked while holding her hand. the latter held his hand and let go (poor suzui lol) and eventually explained. "mary-san told me she had a crush on someone before her second year started. it looks like she hasn't moved on from her. c'mon, it should affect her soon." yumeko cockily said.

suzui did nothing and just kept his feelings together.

"suzui-san, let's eat lunch together."

"sure."