5

After School

"saotome-san!" a voice called me, but this time it isn't yumeko nor suzui. i turned around to see itsuki smiling at me and i smiled back. "i thought you have a date or something. you want to go somewhere?" i asked her while we were walking together. itsuki didn't answer which kinda concerned me but not very.

"saotome-san, i'm actually going to go to the cafe that yumeko-san and suzui-san go to. i was invited and i was wondering if you wanted to join?" she asked but her tone of voice sounded like as if she was scared or nervous of me. i nodded and kept walking with her until we finally arrived in the cafe.

when we entered, yumeko and suzui gave both of us a smile and itsuki smiled back. me? i didn't even bother smiling cause of what happened between yumeko and i. if you ask me, it feels awkward after wanting to make out with someone but then they decline.

"sumeragi-san! glad you will be joining us today!" yumeko exclaimed as both of us sat in the other remaining seats that we across yumeko and suzui. i looked at their homework and realized that it was the latest math homework from our teacher.

i looked beside me and saw itsuki taking out her homework from her backpack. "oh, are you working on that one huge science work?" i asked, trying to remember it from last year. she smiled and nodded and went to work immediately.

i did the same thing as everyone else as well, i got all my math homework and worked on the same thing the two were working on.

.

.

.

6:00 PM

we were all working quietly until yumeko broke the silence.

"ara ara~ it's raining." yumeko pointed out while looking outside. all of us simultaneously looked outside and saw the amount of rain that was outside. while looking, we also heard suzui packing up and getting his umbrella out of his backpack. "sorry, i have to leave early. my brother needed something from me." he stammered as he got up and ran outside.

all of us were extremely confused. like very.

"alright. looks like we lost-"

we heard itsuki's phone buzzed and as she looked at it,  she got up and packed her stuff too. both of us looked towards her with confusion. "sumeragi-san, where are you going?" yumeko asked. the shorter looked at us and bowed down.

"d-don't do that!! it's embarrassing!" i panicked towards her and saw her got her head up when she heard me.

"sorry, my mother needs me. i don't why but she needs me immediately. thank you for the invitation though." she told us and now it's just yumeko and i.

damn it.

i have a feeling this was planned.

"saotome-san, did you bring an umbrella with you? i'm pretty sure i saw without one." she told me. i frowned and realized that i didn't really bring an umbrella. damn it. how unforgettable about me.

"no. i might need one." i told her and got back to my work. i was just focusing on my work until yumeko placed her hand on mine. i didn't look at her but i was fully red.

"saotome-san, something wrong? is it because of what happened earlier?" yumeko asked while rubbing her thumb with the ring on my thumb. i never knew what was the meaning of the ring but it kept shining brightly.

"it's nothing." i tried to pull away but instead she grabbed my hand and pulled me closer than usual, "mary-san, why not sit beside me? i want to feel your warmth beside me." she said.

i finally looked up to see her face. she gave me the same playful smirk back at the rooftop. i kinda got mad but i eventually gave in and sat beside her. "yumeko." i whispered under my breathe while looking at her.

she gave me a smile and started working back at the her homework. i kept looking at her with a frown.

how is she so normal while doing this? does she like me?

i blushed while asking those questions in my mind. i immediately looked at her again, but my eyes trailed to her lips.

i wanna kiss her but i know i can't. everyone will get the wrong idea.

"saotome-san, please stop looking at me. i-it's kinda making me uncomfortable." yumeko asked me politely. i got flustered real quick and turned away from her.

"i-i wasn't looking at you. idiot."

yumeko chuckled and went back to work. i did the same but i also kept thinking about her.

why is she so hot? fuck.