Chapter 3

Lily was on a mission for the Order. She and Alice were watching a known Deatheater meeting spot. They were identifying every person they saw enter and exit.

It had been hours. Alice, who always had more of a sense of adventure than Lily yawned.

"We've confirmed that we saw seven suspected Deatheaters talking to known Deatheaters. We've been gone long enough, Frank and James are probably wetting themselves with worry." Alice huffed.

"Fine," Lily grumbled. "Stay here and wait for my signal."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Alice yawned again.

Lily rolled her eyes and readjusted her grip on her wand as she stood. She and Alice had been hiding out in a closed shop of Knockturn Ally. The entrance to Diagon Ally was just around the corner.

Lily peered around the dark stone before she emerged. Drawing her hood tighter against her glaring auburn hair she began to swiftly walk. She kept her eyes downcast, it was late in the evening so Lily assumed that she would hear if a person was walking towards her.

But she did not hear the person she ran directly into.

"Oh, pardon me," She said side-stepping the figure.

But the person grabbed her wrist.

A million thoughts flooded Lily's mind. Fear, panic, anger, and strangely enough, pity were the strongest emotions Lily felt in a span of seconds.

"Excuse me," She whispered trying to pull her arm away,

But the person holding her was relentless. They only gripped tighter. So Lily was forced to look into her captor's eyes.

She was unable to contain the gasp that escaped her mouth. Their eyes. His eyes.

They were black, cold, and calculating. But nevertheless, they belong to him. Lily's first friend.

"Sev-Severus, let go of me." She said once again trying to pry her wrist from his fingers.

She saw something stir in his eyes, but his expression turned cold as he pushed his emotions down.

"Go," he whispered. "Go and don't return. They know you are here and they know you are watching. Go!"

He let go and pushed Lily closer to Diagon Ally. She stumbled and by the time she turned around Severus' dark robes whipped around the corner.