M O U R N

TW: violence included

a/n:
Sorry for late update. I am struggling with offline exams and studying new chapters that I found recently.

MY WHOLE WORLD collapse looking at the person wrap in white shroud with blood spots on it, my brother, Simon

MY WHOLE WORLD collapse looking at the person wrap in white shroud with blood spots on it, my brother, Simon. I slump down looking around with bloodshot eyes watching my mom hugging my dad and crying violently. Now I got to know as to why my family never allowed others to know who I am. Looking at the corpse placed right in front of mine I understand their reason.

"Romano." My dad grits out. My brows squint into deep thoughts trying to figure out the surname. My brain did it's job as my eyes wide acknowledging our rival's name pouring out from my father's mouth. With shaking legs I stand by pulling out my dagger as I slice my palm oozing out blood. I tell calmly, "I, Phoebe Yardly, commit my life to kill the person who murdered my brother. I won't rest until I know my hands are dipped in blood of theirs. They need to know with whom they took the position to be a rival."

My mother's eyes shot open worries lieing on her face. She adamantly tries to flee from my father's clutch but he doesn't allow her to. She yells at me, " You can't. No, I won't allow you to. Victor, look what she is saying? I already lost one and I won't allow another to flow the same boat."

With tears trailing down my face I sob as I reply back, "How can I allow the person who killed my brother and staying alive?" I furiously wipe my tears glaring at the tomb soon place behind the cemetery. "I want the same pain they inflicted upon us and I am sorry to say this but I won't stay calm not when they are still breathing alive."

Somehow mom free herself and runs towards me slapping me. "Are you stupid? How can you say this?"

My dad rushes towards us and holds my mom, "Cecilia, let's do our son's funeral first and then discuss this matter in our house, okay?"

She glares at me struggling to get away from his grip but that all went in vain. Dad looks at me and gives me a small nod while I nod him back.

His body is now inside the coffin while we are dressed in complete black. My mom tries to stop the people from digging the pit to insert his body while I stand away from them trying to promise myself that this will be the last one to be held. I vow my life to safe them after my brother's death.

My mom is now taken care by dad's family. Dad strides towards me standing beside. "Are you ready to start a new chapter in you life?"

I cross my arms and said determination reply, "More than anything."

He looks at me giving me a small nod.