𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙇𝙪𝙠𝙚

Last night was pretty horrible, Ashton had a pretty terrifying nightmare and now he won't stop shaking whenever someone would talk to him, even in a whisper. I feel like everyone in the shelter is either lost or depressed or having panic attacks and I just want them to be happy and it does hurt when you're always the one caring for others but sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough, not even to my boyfriend. So, if I just take longer shifts in the café I work in, I may have enough money to book us a hotel somewhere nice. We all need a vacation.

"Hey, Calum" I come in after giving a couple of knocks to the door "So, since everyone is a bit sad recently, how about we plan a vacation? You and I plan it but I'm not telling Ashton. I want it to be a surprise and I'll pay for him" I speak cheerfully, maybe I can convince him if I'm positive about it.

"How will we get the money to do that?" He doesn't seem excited, he just has his eyes glued to his phone like it's a magnet grabbing his attention

"Well I'll take longer shifts and I'm sure you can earn some more money from babysitting. Please, I want everyone to be happier" I sound pathetic but I just want my boyfriend to be happy because I've never seen him in such state and if I'm being honest, I'm worried about him.

"Okay, Michael could use a vacation too and I wanna give him a present. I already have it but I wanted to give it to him in a special way and I won't tell him either" He mumbles, looking at the wooden drawers. I assume that's where the present is, I don't ask any further. For all I know, it could be a sex toy.

𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

After 31 hours of working, names are thrown at me to write them on plastic cups with almost inkless sharpies. Making vanilla lattes and iced coffees has become my everyday routine, waiting for every passing second to end so that I could take my hourly payment, 11 dollars and 21 cents

I finally collect 341 dollars which is enough to get a ticket for myself and Ashton since I found tickets from LA to the Bahamas for only 169 dollars online

Calum said he got 338 dollars after working 10 hours earning 18 dollars every hour from playing with kids and holding them when they're crying and screaming which would be enough to get a plane ticket for him and Michael

Calum and I book the hotel with the help of our savings and days later we're both surprising our boyfriends with plane tickets to their dream vacation

The faces Michael and Ashton had were ones a kid would make when they have received a Christmas present they've always wanted

"We're going to the Bahamas, bitches" Michael screams jumping on Calum. Calum holding him by his thighs carefully "yeah" he smiles giving his boyfriend a peck on his lips

Ashton is holding me tightly while my face is nuzzled in his neck and he keeps kissing my hair making me blush and triggering butterflies in my stomach. Ashton is my safe place.

"Thank you, baby" he whispers in my hair holding my chin between his thumb and index finger, giving me a small kiss on my lips "Of course" I whisper, looking into his shining hazel eyes. They're brighter than yesterday.

Days later, all of us are sitting in our seats up in the cloudless blue sky. Ashton cuddled up in my side scared of the height, crying. Michael and Calum, on the other hand are chilling together, cuddling and kissing each ever few seconds and singing along to their favorite tunes from Calum's phone and giggling over pictures they took days ago.

"Bubba, why don't you try to go to sleep?" I mumble when I can't take his heartbreaking cries anymore. I can't listen to Ashton crying for more than two minutes.

"Don't want to" His voice comes out shakily as if something has gotten stuck in his throat disallowing him from talking.

"Wanna take your sleeping pills? Maybe they'll help" Ashton's eyebrows are frowned, shaking his head "don't wanna go to sleep" he whispers once again and I nod.

After almost 6 hours, our feet are reconnected with the floor and I feel like vomiting but I ignore it to not make it any harder for Ashton.

"let's go to the hotel" Michael gives Ashton and I a face that's screaming at us asking what are we waiting for and I just roll my eyes at him and take Ashton in my arms, following the both of them.

After finally arriving to our hotel and after waiting for our rooms to be ready for hours, I'm sprawled on the bed and Ashton has his knees to his chest on an arm chair placed next to the wide black television.

--
this chapter took me the whole day and I've been trying to paint I hate life

anyway, sorry for the long wait but I hope you enjoyed this chapter

and yes before you hate me, I'll make a second chapter of them on their vacation, I promise

all the love
--