𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚⁻ᵇᵉˢᵗ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ

dedicated to my angel, I love you, my little sunflower punkgays

(the poem in the chapter is by her btw, enjoy!)

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

The dim light of the television flashes on the two couples sitting on the floor with wide eyes and dropped jaws, either one of them flinching when a scary ghost reappears in the movie

Ashton always thinks how different their personalities are and how much it shows when watching a movie, Luke would giggle if something scary happens in a movie, Michael would be on his phone for the two hours of the movie and then ask the rest of them what happened, Louis would let out a high squeal and his husband will be there to hug him, Ashton would just flinch

Speaking of husbands, Ashton and Luke got married the day after Harry and Louis' proposal and, Harry and Louis' got married on the 28th of September. They were both beautiful weddings, each one matching the couples' personalities and likings.

Luke's and Ashton's were winter themed, the blue crystals reminding Ashton of his husband's blue eyes, their vows were full of inside jokes and Ashton's vows were probably all dark humor that got the venue cracking up, and Luke even wrote his lover a poem

𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

"Luke, you watched me go through hell sometimes, you've hugged me when I'm trembling and crying. You've told me you won't leave me when I've woken up from multiple nightmares of you leaving. You've planted your love that I will never know why I deserve in me. You've woken up every morning, complimenting my bed hair, and honestly even if my nightmares come true, you would have given me the best years" Both of the couple are in tears by the times the older one said the memorized words

"Well," Luke wipes his tears when it's his turn to say his vows "I actually have a poem, so, Ash," He starts, getting a short white paper out of his pocket "Ashton, delicate like butterfly wings, resilient as waves, golden heart dripping from your eyes, like petals of sunflowers crowning your hair with constellations of stars flooding in your veins to form your DNA, God gave you talent and kindness and beauty and you sent it back to the world that never deserved to ever hold someone as pure as you" Luke's talent spills out of his mouth leaving everyone in tears, wishing they had that kind of love, one so passionate, one you share with someone you know you'd do anything for.

𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

Harry and Louis' wedding was just as beautiful, decorated by batches of plants and flowers, ones just as green as Harry's eyes, Louis' mom's favorite flowers, purple lavenders, they both wanted their wedding to feel like she was there for her son's big day, as if the lavender scent she always supported was wafting out of the thin flowers, sunflowers as a symbol of Louis' dream proposal that he got.

Both of the couples' weddings were breathtaking, they both took so much planing.

Harry and Louis are living in a house of their own and Luke and Ashton also own a house of their own. Michael still lives in the shelter, it's not that he can't afford a house, he can. But, he wants to stay with his friends, and honestly he'd feel bad if he left, at the end of the day, he was the one that first found it, it not just a home to him, it's way more than that, at least it never felt like just a house, which is what Michael's goal was when he decided to open the shelter for LGBTQ youth that weren't treated as they should be treated by their families and their friends.

Michael is happy with his life where it is right now, no partner and just living with the friends he remember smiling at when they first walked into the shelter's wooden door, he doesn't really want one of those forver relationships that everyone talk about, he's happy like that living in a shelter he calls home and going to his closest friends' houses every other day.

The group has two days dedicated to playing board games and watching movies or binging a show till sleep consumes them, it's either a romantic film or a scary one since none of them like the action movies. They all laugh about how they can go from call me by your name to the conjuring or from me before you to truth or dare.

One time, when Luke was watching his husband sleeping peacefully, he decided to answer a question he left for himself in his diary "what does true love feel like?" He grabbed a pen and started writing down what he defined as his love for the one he'll stay with through heaven and high water

"I once asked myself what true love feels like or how would someone know if that person is really the one. And that question has way too many answers that can fit in this journey, but I'll try. True love is when you know you'd do anything for that person, you'd die for them, you'd kill for them, you'd bury someone they killed for them and not a speak a word about it again, it's someone you'd call a best friend and who you'd stay with through everything, love is when it kills you if you don't tell them you love them everyday more than once, it's the one you love the most. Yes, you can love a lot of people but that person's love is a different one, a unique one, you'd watch that person fall asleep and even if they catch you, it won't be creepy and you won't feel embarrassed because you're that comfortable with someone, you won't hesitate before running around acting like a child and jump up and down and you won't feel annoying if you put your favorite songs on the highest voice and grab them out of your shared bed to make weird dance moves with them that no one would call dancing, then you'll end up laughing about how bad you are at dancing, but you still love them, even if someone doesn't see them as the best person out there or some people would say "no one is perfect" and no matter how fucked up that person is, you love them. That's true love."

Maybe, not all of them got the relationship happily ever after, but they were happy like that.

--

wow, I'm emotional

home shelter is over I'm kinda sad

anyway, I'm gonna update you if I publish another story

this has been so much fun, thank you for everyone that read this story

I love you all so so much

--