Chapter 1 -ENZO/KAT

Hey my new book 'Fate is a Fighter' is out, so if you like this one, check that out please, would mean so much! I loved writing it and you'll love reading it xo Carry on xx

ENZO'S POV

Fuck. I used to love London, but now, stabbed in the shoulder, I'm not sure if I want to come back. The fucking Wilson's and their crime family, I swear, the nerve of that fucking family.

It was such an easy deal, they would ship drugs to Italy for my crew to distribute, and I would ship weapons from our factories in Italy for whatever the fuck they wanted to do with them. An easy deal, gone tits up to be honest.

"Antonio, speed the fuck up, I am in so much pain!" I shouted to my best friend, who put his foot further down on the accelerator, and we continued speeding to the first hospital we could find. It would be so much easier if we were back home in Italy, all of the local hospitals stitch us up, no questions asked, and I even have a couple of private surgeons on speed dial, but here I will have to explain exactly how I ended up stabbed in the shoulder. Although there is a lot of knife crime in London, I guess the doctors may be used to it.

The only thing I could concentrate on was the searing pain running through my shoulder, only made worse by the fact I had to press down on it to reduce some of the bleeding. It is moments like this where I hate being part of the mafia, let alone running it. Fucking Londoners. I swear the Wilson's better beg me to reconsider the deal, after all, it was one of their men stood right next to me, watching as I was about to sign the contract, that mistook me getting my phone out of my pocket for a gun, and within seconds stabbed me in the shoulder. They attacked first, so my men started the shooting. They'll be following in a car behind us, protection and all of that. Fuck sake my shoulder!

Obviously, we wouldn't have killed off the whole of the Wilson crime family in one afternoon, just the ones who stepped out of line, unprovoked I may add. Not my fault.

Finally, Antonio pulled up in front of the doors to the Emergency Department of the Royal London Hospital, and I opened the door and stumbled out. With all the energy I could muster I went inside and called out for help. Suddenly, I felt myself being sat down in a wheelchair, my head was spinning, and I was losing consciousness, but the last face I saw before I passed out had to be the most beautiful that I had ever seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KATARINA (KAT)'S POV

Without a doubt, I love my job. Yes, working in the Emergency Department has its downfalls, especially with all the drunk people on a Friday night that like to yell abuse at all of the medical professionals, or catcall me and my female co-workers. To be honest, I have no idea which one is worse, one is just rude but the other makes me feel uncomfortable in a not nice kind of way. However, I love the thrill of my job, never knowing what or who is about to walk through the door or be wheeled through the door, what new challenge awaits me. The stories I have are wild. I do in fact love my job, with every shred of my being.

I was thinking over the crazy night shift I had just had, various injuries, heart attacks, strokes, someone came in after sitting on a pair of scissors, which I had to fix-up and stitch-up. I looked at the digital clock on my bedside table, it was just about to turn 2pm. The hard thing about working a week of nightshifts is the weird time difference with everything. My meals get messed up, my sleep gets messed up, everything gets messed up, and messed up beyond belief compared to my boyfriend's schedule. He works a normal 9-5 job doing something financial and complicated, with no easy job title. He's explained it to me many times, but I always get lost in all the financial jargon that he spews out of his mouth. Today is his day off, and I was excited to get to spend a few hours with him before I went back on shift at 6pm.