Chapter 40 - ENZO

I was still talking to the lady who was walking her dog when I heard one of my men yell that they had found her. I whipped my head around and saw the house she had pointed out was right. I quickly grabbed the lady's face and kissed her on the forehead, thanking her, before I ran over to my Katarina.

She was being carried in one of my men's arms, and she looked weak, her face was covered in dry blood and bruises, and her arm looked cut, swollen and infected. Reznikov and Lomovstev were already there trying to talk to her, but she just kept looking up at the sky, as though she was watching the clouds, until she shut her eyes and her body went limp.

My man carried her into the car, where I drove, Reznikov sat in the passenger side, and Lomovstev and Antonio sat with her in the back. I sped off, as fast as my car would go, to the nearest hospital. We pulled up right outside the entrance to the Emergency Department, and abandoned the car, running with her in my arms to find a doctor. They quickly wheeled a bed over, and I lay her down, and they wheeled her away, asking us to stay in the waiting room. I didn't know exactly what was wrong; the only major injury I saw was her arm, but it did look very swollen and infected.

After what felt like forever, a doctor finally came to us in the waiting room and told us what had happened.

"She had a fairly deep cut on her wrist, and it seems that she had to sew it up with a needle and thread, not surgical grade, and I guess she didn't have any anaesthetics. A lot of bacteria was transferred into it. We have undone all of her stitching, washed out the wound, put her on IV antibiotics and resewn it. She is also very dehydrated and has practically no food in her stomach, so she is completely drained of energy, she is on fluids and she has a tube going down into her stomach taking food to it. Finally, she has a lot of bruising and swelling on her face, I expect from being punched. I need to call the police about such injuries, but I would like to ask first if you have any explanation about how she got such injuries?" explained the doctor.

"I am Don Lorenzo Arcaro, do not call the police, and the guy who did this to her is being dealt with," I stated, with a stony face, "when can we see her?"

"Of course Sir. She isn't awake yet, but you can go in to see her."

I nodded at the doctor, and they led the way. I took her hand, the one that wasn't covered in a huge bandage, and kissed her knuckle, whispering "please wake up, I love you."

Antonio, Reznikov and Lomovstev followed me in, and they all took it in turns to hold her hand and say something. We were later joined by everyone else: Irina, Lyamina, Vladimir, Gian, Pascal and Stefan.

After about an hour, Pascal left the room, indicating for me to follow, so I did. Stefan, Gian, Antonio and Reznikov followed.

"Dante is chained in Warehouse J, waiting for you," Pascal informed me.

"I don't want to leave her," I sighed.

"She will be fine. Her injuries, although bad, were not awful, and she just needs to regain some energy before waking up," reassured Antonio.

"Dante needs to die," stated Gian, with a stone-cold voice and a stone-cold expression.

"What if she wakes up?" I asked.

"Lyamina and Irina will be there. Her family will be there," answered Reznikov. I felt reassured, and I felt ready to kill. Reznikov quickly got Vladimir and Lomovstev from the room, after taking a while to convince Lyamina and Irina to actually stay, because they also wanted blood.

We drove in two cars to Warehouse J, which is the main warehouse where we torture and kill people. Dante would know where he was, and he would know what his future held, considering he has killed and tortured a great deal of people there before.

When we arrived, we parked up and we all went in. In one of the larger rooms was Dante, chained up to the floor, on his knees, already looking pretty battered and beaten. When he heard us come in, he looked up, but there wasn't a single shred of remorse or guilt in his eyes, not even any sadness; just anger.

"Why did you take Kat?" I demanded. He spat at me, which missed, but the disrespect was still there. I nodded at Pascal, who went over and grabbed his hair to pull his head up, and put another hand on the back of his neck so that he would face me.

"If you spit at me again, I will break both of your arms," I stated calmly, "now tell me; why did you take Kat?"

"Because I hate you," he spoke through his teeth. I was a bit taken aback, I thought it would be that he wanted power, or was blackmailed, or something, but I never thought it would be because he actually hated me.

"Explain," I demanded.

"My father hated your father, and I hate you."

"Our fathers were friends?" I questioned.

"My father spent his whole life trying to overthrow yours, and when he failed, it was my turn to try."

"Well, just like your father, you failed too. I hope you two can bond over that in hell," I said as I grabbed my gun from my waistband and aimed it at him, nodding at Pascal to get out of the way.

"LOOK AT ME!" I screamed at Dante, who jolted his head upright to stare down the barrel of my gun, "how many moles do I have in my organisation?" Dante just started laughing.

"ANSWER ME!"

"No moles, I was creating my own group of men. They've disappeared now," he laughed.

I knew that I would be able to search his house, and find out the exact name of everyone in his second organisation, so I flicked the safety off the gun and I pulled the trigger, shooting him in the head. Behind me, Reznikov got out his gun and shot Dante a few more times, just to make sure he was dead, and I turned and left.

We went straight back to the hospital, met outside in the car park by Lyamina, who hurried us in saying that she was awake and asking for me. I practically ran to her room.

There she was, my girl, sat up in her hospital bed, with tubes in her arm and nose, bruises on her face, one arm wrapped in a bandage, but looking absolutely flawless. When she saw me, she smiled weakly, and lifted her good hand slightly, asking me to hold it, which I did. We stared into eachother's eyes for a bit, as she was too weak to talk lots, and I didn't want to tell her anything that had gone on because I didn't want to upset her. I did say one thing thought, "Dante will never touch you again." She smiled at that, and I kissed her on the forehead. As I held her hand, rubbing it with my thumb, and occasionally kissing it, she fell asleep; she was exhausted.

Once she was asleep, I turned to Reznikov, who was stood behind me, and I said, "I still have your blessing?"

He nodded, "yes, my son, you still have my blessing. I admire how you dealt with the situation, and I can see how much you care for her. My family and I, and our crime syndicate, will take care of the other organisation, it is the least I can do. You go what you need to do." He winked at me, and I went outside to see Antonio.

"Antonio, I need to go shopping," I stated.

He looked up at me with a confused face, but understood pretty soon exactly what we would be shopping for. "You're going to propose," he said, half questioning, but half not, because he knew he was right.

"I wanted her to be mine the day I set my eyes on her," I smiled.

============

We reached 3k reads!!!! Thank you sosoosoooooo much everyone.

Please keep voting, reading, commenting, sharing, the whole shabang.

ALSO, how cute is Enzo?! 

Hope you are all staying safe! <3