Chapter 6 - ENZO

She was so light in my arms and looked so peaceful as she slept. I lay her to rest, with her head on my lap, as Antonio drove, with Pascal riding shotgun. There was another car following behind us, with Gian and Stefan.

It was absolute hell the last few days, all I wanted to do was scoop her up like this, but I still needed my stitches out, then her parents were around, and it was impossible. I am so glad to finally have her in my lap, finally, she is safe, away from anything or anyone that could hurt her.

I was so selfish, my judgment was completely clouded, and I was probably making a mistake, but I will ask for forgiveness some day, and hopefully be granted it.

We arrived at the London airstrip soon, my private jet waiting for me just out of the hanger is was waiting in. Antonio drove up as close to the stairs leading up to the jet as possible. Pascal opened the car door, and I scooped her up and carried her up the stairs. I lay her down on the long white sofa, then sat so that her head was in my lap again. I ran my fingers through her light brown, soft hair, pushing it behind her right ear. I examined her bruises, which had faded since I saw her in the hospital, and I assume faded since they first happened. I noticed she hadn't gone to work for those two days, I guarantee if I saw her walking to work, and she looked like she did then, I would've stolen her away then and there, without a damn care in the world, one of my private surgeons could've removed my stitches, at least I would've known then she was safe. As the plane took off, I did up the belt on the sofa around her waist, specifically made for sleeping, and took my seat. I had business to discuss.

After our alliance with the Wilson family, I asked them to take care of scumbag Jack. They will do it in the next few days, no questions asked. As for the drugs in exchange for weapons, all was going ahead as planned, after I let them grovel for a bit. I held up my glass for the flight attendant to take and fill with cold whisky. Once my friends saw my glass was filled, they asked in turn for theirs to be; the boss drinks first, at least in our crew.

"Antonio, is the club still on target?" I asked.

"Yes Enzo, should be ready in two weeks for the grand opening. I can't wait," he remarked excitedly.

"Haha, can't wait for what? Getting laid I assume" laughed Pascal.

"Maybe..." replied Antonio, "we can't all fall in love with a stunning doctor that saved our lives!" I shot him a warning stare, I was getting used to giving Antonio warning stares, he always danced on the line between joking and pissing me off, and I think it just made him love it more when he provoked me. Just like a biological brother, he was so annoying, but just like a biological brother, I love him. Pascal, Stefan and Antonio chuckled like schoolboys; Gian just smiled. He was well into his fifties, past the age of the schoolish chuckles that filled the plane at this moment in time.

"What. The. Fuck," said a female voice behind me. I swear, this woman will not be knocked out! I turned around, she locked eyes with mine.

"You!" she undid her seatbelt and made her way towards me, anger filling her face. I could see her taking in her surroundings, "Am I on a plane?" she asked, her tone wavering.

"Yes," I replied.

"I am fucking terrified of planes how the fuck could you just stick me on a bloody-", she was cut off by Antonio injecting her with more sedative, and she collapsed into his arms. We set her back down on the sofa and went back to talking business.

Shortly after she awoke, we landed in Florence Airport. Three black Mercedes pulled up next to the jet, and out got Dante out of the middle one, my right-hand man, the underboss. He noted the limp girl I was carrying, chuckling to himself.

"I've never seen you like this brother," he said to me.

"Fuck off Dante," I retorted back, and he broke into laughter, along with the boys behind me.

She was still asleep, hour after we had got back to my villa just outside of Florence. I sat in a chair, just by the window, watching her. I hope I hadn't done anything to harm her, I don't know if I could live with myself if... I dreaded the thought. Pascal came into the room with a tray of food, but I refused it.

"You have to eat something," he objected. I knew I had to eat, but I couldn't. My stomach was doing somersaults and tying itself in knots.

"Also, Natale is here," he added. Fuck.

"Why the fuck is she here?"

"She says she wants to talk to you."

"Does she know about..." I indicated to Katarina, lying peacefully on the bed.

"Word has got around the inner circle, and to her, yes."

"Fuck sake. Watch her, if she wakes, tell me immediately." I stormed out of the room, down the corridor, down the stairs, to one of the many sitting rooms she was waiting in. The fuck was my ex doing here?

================================================================================

Hey guys! Please vote and comment I would LOVE to hear your thoughts! Also, follow me for updates! Keep reading, it gets dramaticccccc.

Why is Natale there? Why is Kat there? What is going to happen next? Quickly, read the next chapter, I know I'm eager to find out!!

Hope you are all staying safe in lockdown! <3