Chapter 3 - ENZO

As we drove back to our hotel, I couldn't get over her beauty. Even though she had been working for who knows how long that day already, and had just stitched up my shoulder, a little bit sweaty, clearly exhausted and very flustered, she was stunning. Naturally gorgeous.

"That girl was fit," said Antonio. I turned to him, anger in my eyes, and he shut up, probably still thinking about her, like everyone was.

Once we got back to the hotel, we sat in the restaurant on the rooftop, at our usual table, and ordered food.

"Well, today was eventful," exclaimed Stefan.

"Agreed," replied Gian, my adviser.

"What now?" asked Pascal. The three of them turned to me and Antonio, who was busy stuffing spaghetti into his mouth.

"Don't ask me, I was getting stitched up. What have they said?" I asked Gian.

"They shot the man who stabbed you, no one tolerates behaviour like that I guess, even in London," said Gian. I nodded in approval. "Now they are begging me for the deal to be back on, offering all sorts on top."

"I want an alliance with them, and we will allow the deal to continue, but let them stir for a day or two," I replied.

"Huh," said Antonio, "a day or two? We fly back tomorrow. And why an alliance, we already have a deal with them, an alliance is just a more formal way of saying it."

"I said what I said."

"I will let them know you are thinking about it, and tomorrow afternoon I will organise another meeting for the following day," said Gian. I nodded again in approval.

"Anyway, Enzo needs his stitches removed by that fit doctor in ten days. Can you let us all come with you, you know, for protection?" joked Stefan. I laughed with him.

"You horny prick," said Antonio. We all started laughing.

I dreamt of her. We were dancing under the stars. It was beautiful, she was beautiful, but I was rudely awakened by a loud knock on my door.

"Good morning brother!" exclaimed Antonio. We always call eachother brothers, even though there is no technical relation there, we are basically brothers.

"I brought breakfast," he said, gesturing to the tray of food.

"It's so early," I complained.

"I thought we could do some sightseeing, the palace, Trafalgar square, maybe pop to Harrod's, do some shopping, maybe stop by Katarina Mendez's apartment..." My ears pricked at the sound of that name, of course, I had no idea what her first name was, until now.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Enzo, brother, she's a beautiful girl, clever too, basically saved your life-"

"She said it was easy surgery," I interrupted.

"Basically, saved your life. I mean, if you don't want her, I will, happily," he chuckled. I shot him a warning stare. He gave a look back, a look that said he knew exactly how I felt about her, but I had no idea how I felt myself.

Over the next few days, my team gathered information on her. Presenting it to me in a brown file. I opened it eagerly, but inside I have to admit, I was disappointed, she had a boyfriend, and they looked happy together. If I cared about someone, I wouldn't take away their happiness for my own selfishness, would I?

I think Antonio knew I was disappointed and handed me another folder. Inside were pictures, pictures of the boyfriend. He was sneaking around, going in and out of various different girls' apartments. Flirting with girls at the pub, getting very close, then following them home. The last few photos showed rather graphic photos of the boyfriend having sex with these various girls.

All I felt at that moment was anger. No relief, just pure anger.

"Scum," I said, spitting on the pictures.

This man, who has this beautiful, caring woman, treats her like nothing, lying to her everyday, cheating on her everyday. He is disgusting.

I knew then, I had to get her out. I had to do something.

My men and I intercepted the boyfriend on his way back from work. I had now learnt his name: Jack, scumbag Jack. We gathered around him, pushing him into the nearby alleyway. He looked absolutely terrified, and I loved it.

"Hello Jack," I said.

"How do you know my name? Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"So many questions," I said. Pascal pushed him against the wall, holding him there.

"I know you are cheating on your girlfriend," I said. He now looked even more terrified than before; I didn't even know it was possible.

"Get away from me, I'll call the police, I swear," he cried.

"Just know, Jack, I am watching," I nodded to Pascal, who removed his arm, freeing scumbag Jack from the wall.

"Go, think about your next steps," I called after him, as he ran away.

================================================================================

Hey guys! Please vote and comment I would LOVE to hear your thoughts! Also, follow me for updates! Keep reading, it gets dramaticccccc.

Next chapter is a wild one! I think Enzo maybe crushing on Kat....

Hope you are all staying safe in lockdown! <3