Chapter 1 - Ren Brothers

Author's Note:

Disclaimers: All rights reserved of the originals "Star Wars" Characters, Names, Places, etc., to George Lucas / Disney.

A small AU Fanfiction. For those who wanted a better ending for The Rise of Skywalker, have a look at my other FF Star Wars: A dyad in the Force, a longer and better storyline, of how the Rise of Skywalker could end.

Thank you for clicking! Enjoy!

Chapter 1 - Ren Brothers

The motorcycle ride was a ritual a few could understand. Seated behind the large fairing, he would turn the key and just sat for a moment, listening to the purr of the engine. It was a reliable machine and comfortable, a touring model Harley Davison - V ROD CUSTOM - Edge of Rudo. The model was released on May 09, 2016. It caught his attention; that was his bike. He knew it since the first day he saw it in 'RACERS' - a motorbike magazine.

Then he would head for the mountain roads. Once there, he disregarded speed limits, opening the throttle wide. Sometimes his knee would be just skimming the ground as he took the bends. This was his therapy. The world disappeared within, as his silence united with the motor of his bike's echoing sounds.

Speed and sound became one scene letting this moment of bliss and peace extend as much as the light is spreading over the horizon. The ride was long but known. Soon he reached home. He wished for a few more moments to sink inside his world, forgotten and ignored.

The youngest of the Ren Brothers turned off his bike engine; his leather boots touched the ground, echoing a few tapping sounds. He pulled the key off the engine and remained seated, spacing out thought after thought—a petty second for himself before stepping back to reality.

Ben's POV*:

"Punch after punch. Kick after kick. That's how it was, that's how it is, and that's how it will be—a life filled with violence and death. So much death, and while growing older, it only got worse.

A dangerous way to grow up, you get addicted to the adrenaline. Slowly fighting becomes one with the essential need of your soul and body. At first, it was to defend and protect what is important to you. Protect it with your fists. Fight fair. That was our code.

But the world doesn't play fair. I found that out from a young age. Then it was a blow under the belt. It took years of hard work, pain, and training.

But now we stand firm. Strong like our uncle would want. Look at us now, Luke. We are the Ren Brothers. Our name echoes power and fear!

A year ago, we had lost everything: our parents, uncle and ourselves, and almost our town. We could not save Luke. But we managed to be part of the ones that aided this city.

Now, like the Resistance, we answer when called. Evil never stopped to exist in this world. Every day a new enemy is rising. We cannot fight everyone, but we can make a difference to protect what is close to us.

The war with the First Order -the underground gang- was long over. But the daily battles never stopped. Some Days we want peace. But there are those dark times that we enjoy fighting.

The action.

The danger.

And death.

Part of our everyday lives."

The quiet and calm days were feathers without hurry, moving this way and that in the air, happy to change direction according to the wind. Just as the feather will in its own sweet time be at rest upon the earth, so the sun will rise and set high in the sky. Though moments were like that were less and less for Hux. At least inside their apartment, he could find his peace and rest. Forget the past that was haunting him and try to dream of the future.