Chapter 2 - Crait

Crait was not the same gang as before. Most of the members were long gone after the First Order's attack against the Resistance. The remaining members had fewer deals. Yet whenever they could, they kept scouting for women here and there. Snap's monthly income originated from scouting. Lately, he was dating a girl that was also his helper. Together they had scouted enough women and made good money.

Besides Snap's girlfriend, Phasma was Rey's roommate. Rey didn't know what affairs her new roommate had with Crait. A week that she was sharing a room with Phasma, everything seemed familiar. Phasma talked about her boyfriend and how in love she was with him. She had a day job as an office worker. She was never out late. Phasma was neither drinking nor smoking. Rey trusted her and felt safe in the apartment, both shared.

It was past eight, and as promised, Phasma showed with Snap. She wanted to introduce her boyfriend to her new roommate and watch a film. But she intended to see if she was worthy of scouting her. Before Rey, she had already scouted a few of her older roommates. The first time she met with Rey, Phasma couldn't stop thinking of her. Her new roommate was much prettier and would earn them a lot of money.

Phasma was preparing hot chocolate in the kitchen while Snap talked with Rey in the small living room. They were looking through the demand list to choose what film to watch. The night had started randomly and calmly.

"I study architecture and currently work in an architect company. What kind of work do you have, Mr. Snap?" Rey asked him as she kept pressing the right arrow to choose the next movie on the list.

Snap sized the girl that was sitting next to him. Even if she was wearing a large shirt and comfortable tracking pants, her figure was noticeable. Rey was a beautiful person; his girlfriend was right. They would earn a lot. He hoped that the plan would not fail. "I am currently unemployed. Just call me Snap; you don't need to be so formal," he answered while he looked at the screen, acting interested in the plot of the movie. "This one seems to have a lot of action. Should we watch this?"

"If Phasma agrees... Surely we can watch it." was her response, while Phasma was serving the mugs with the warm chocolate.

"This movie, I like it!" Phasma agreed and joined them. She took her mug and started sipping the warm liquid gazing at Rey.

Rey leaned forward and took the other mug and placed it against her lips. She slowly tasted the warm chocolate. And took a few long sips. "You were right, Phasma; the flavor of the chocolate isn't that sweet." she noticed.

Phasma nodded. Of course, the flavor would be bitter and not too sweet since Phasma had already drugged Rey's drink. In a few minutes, the sleeping drug should work, and Rey would be in their 'care.'

Snap kept seizing Rey and smiling as he had also noted that she kept drinking her warm drink. "I am occupied in a gang these days." he randomly admitted.

"A gang, you say?" Rey wondered as she leaned against the couch. She slowly felt her eyes heavy and was trying to avoid closing them. Her breathing calmed down, and in two or three minutes, she would be asleep since the drug was kicking in.

He chuckled, sure that the girl would not defend herself; his answers were more honest now. "Yes, I'm associated with Crait!" he said and pressed the play button so the movie would start.

Rey had already frozen; she started to understand what was happening. She was sleepy. She was drugged. The mug fell off her hands and broke against the floor. She was awake enough to place the pieces together. She looked at Phasma in disbelief. "How could you.." she mumbled as she was starting dozing off.

Snap and Phasma looked at each other and smiled. Their plan was successful. Snap ran his fingers against her cheeks and down her face. "Tonight, we will have a great time. And tomorrow, you will start your new work."