Chapter 8 - Facing Poe

The chalky paint fell in fragments leaving the splintered door a bare tarp. It whined on its amber hinges as the palm pressed gingelly against its moist frame. Ivy gnarled its way through windows. Windows, which surrounded the old building. The undefinable source of darkness draped over the walls like a tapestry over the rotting oak floors. In the middle sat Poe on his bike, waiting for the rest to show up. Behind him sat Rey.

He drove by her apartment and picked her up today. Since she was the one who talked with Pryde, she should be there and narrate the others. But that wasn't the only reason. Poe wanted to have his sister with him. He wanted slowly to earn her trust again. And Rey would be included in his plans. After all, Poe always thought that the best way to protect the one you care about is to help them become strong and stand on their own. After meeting with Rey, he no longer could see that strength in her, although she sounded perfectly fine. He could tell she wasn't.

"I told you to leave the festivals of Resistance to us." suddenly said D'Acy as his team showed up on their cars and drove inside. Since Poe asked them to show up even on short notice, everyone arrived in the resistance's old hideout

"We will destroy anyone to protect women. That's all. Who are we fighting this time?" Lando announced parking his white motorcycle in the south. Of course, there were more serious reasons the leader of the Y-TIES was supporting Resistance. Yet, he never admitted it. Even now he was only talking about protecting the women.

Garan jumped off the track and stepped inside "Poey, the reason we are gathered here I hope it's serious!" the leader of Oya high complained noticing the girl that was sitting next to Poe.

"What other reason would he have?" C-3PO added as he had arrived with his gang.

"That's true! A new threat is surrounding Resistance again!" Klaud finally spoke. Quinn as always was next to him supporting him. Poe had already discussed the outline of the problem with them.

"What about the USB?" asked Quinn.

"We already managed to open some of the files with some help!" clarified Hux. He and Ben had just driven from the East parts. And now everyone protecting Resistance had arrived.

Ben gazed around until he spotted Rey next to Poe. An hour ago the Leader of Ajan Kloss picked her up, living behind a very angry and confused Ben. That Idiotic roommate what of connection could she have to seat next to Poe. A day ago, she had nothing to do with Ajan Kloss.

"Ren Brothers, what did you find inside the USB?" Poe asked, interrupting Ben's confusing thoughts.

Hux was the one who answered "There were old designs from the Casino Project. And new ones. Like someone was still working on them. We didn't manage to open the new files yet!"

"Eh?" D'Acy wandered "Didn't we stopped the Casino to be built?" He crossed one leg against the metallic surface of the car he was sitting in.

"We did... But it seemed that the project was put on a hold. It was never canceled." Finn informed them.

C-3PO took a step forward and spoke: "Are we dealing with the First Order again?"

"Maybe!" Klaud said, "We were told the Galactic Empire. The company building the Casino never lost interest in Resistance. Meaning we might have new attacks."

"Didn't First Order own that company? I thought it would get out of business." Lando puzzled serious.

"It should. However, the company is owned by the Mafia. And they still want to build it. As for First Order, we cannot trust them." Poe outlined seriously as he gazed at everyone.

"That's why we gathered you here today. You should be careful! We don't know when they will attack or how?" Klaud added.

"Who told gave you such information!" D'Acy quizzed.