Chapter 4 - Third-Drink Rey

Rey checked the time from her mobile one more time, which indicated she still had a few more minutes before finishing work. Today their manager wanted to take the whole team out and celebrate the new deal of the Mall project they closed. Nights out with colleges happened regularly. Having a drink and gossiping made the team relax and bond together. Even Rey enjoyed spending time out with her co-workers. But she hated drinking. She was never a heavy drinker. But if a coworker would treat a drink, it was not polite to reject it.

She was supposed to clean her new room and organize it. Her life became such a mess since last night. True be told, it was messy before that. Even before she quit her work on the Casino Project, she hoped now that she found a new job and a room to stay in, she could make a new start. Though, there she was now sharing a flat with the Ren Brothers. There she was still stubbornly refusing to accept the fact that she hailed from Ajan Kloss. There she was, not knowing what tomorrow would bring.

"A drink sounds like the best option right now," she mumbled to herself as she grabbed her phone and purse, getting ready to leave work. She checked her phone one more time; it passed 7. And she had two unread messages. She started walking towards the elevator while opening the messages.

'We've gathered in club Exegol. It opened recently, and Griss (the manager) insisted...' she shook her head in disbelief. She was trying so hard to keep away from Ajan Kloss and the Resistance. And every step back she took, she would find herself taking two or three forward. She responded 'O.K.' and pressed the ground floor button.

The second message was from Finn checking how she was doing. 'It's been a while. You worry again by yourself. You know you can rely on us.' She sighed, knowing that Finn cared about her and just wanted to make sure she was doing fine. 'Everything is alright. Don't worry. Take care of Poe, ' she responded. She locked her phone and placed it inside her purse.

Meanwhile, in Falcon, Finn was reading the message and frowned. Rey's replies were always short and emotionless. Surprisingly though, she was always responding. Poe's stubborn sister, who wanted nothing to do with Ajan Kloss, its people, and her brother, answered back every time. "She is like her brother relentlessly." he said to Rose, bitter "Neither of them had contacted the other. Both acting up."

Rose paused, washing a glass, and looked at Finn, saying, "You know how annoying stubborn both can get. Just keep checking on Rey until they both get over it."

"Get over it? Will they ever?" Finn sighed again. He looked at Poe, who was sitting on the red couch at the end of the room and walked over. "I talked with Rey today. She is still alive." suddenly he said, taking a seat next to him. "How long are you planning to keep avoiding her?"

"Finn! How did this happen? Do you keep messaging her? She wanted nothing to do with us. This isn't your problem anymore; stop contacting her." he uttered deadly serious. He was pissed about the situation and his sister. If she didn't want to be part of Ajan Kloss and him, so be it! He faced away from him, ready to stand and walk outside.

Finn grabbed him against his shoulder and turned him around, catching his attention. "Buddy, you are worried about her. We all are! I understand you are angry with her. But you have to talk to her eventually. She is your sister." he said calmly.

"You forget Finn left home one night without even explaining. 'We never were family.' Were her last words. She is not my sister." he voiced and freed himself from his grip and left Falcon Diner.

Deep down, Rey meant the world to him. After all, she was his youngest sister. Indeed her supercilious attitude enraged him. She could make him extremely angry, put him into such a rage, and totally infuriate him with her behavior. In her denial not to be part of the city they grow in, Poe could not understand. But he accepted her need to study, work and have a life away from the Ajan Kloss region. Though he never grasped her need to keep away from family and friends.