Chapter 9 - Beating Heart

And so it began.

Ajan Kloss was under attack first. "They are here!" BB-8 cried loudly, getting their attention as he was standing under the entrance door. Finn and Poe stood up worried. "It's awful," BB-8 added.

Not having much time to waste, they both turned and dashed outside. BB-8 and Chewie, with the rest, tried to drag them away from the main street of Ajan Kloss into a more deserted area. When outside, Poe looked over his shoulder and shared a gaze with Ben. Then they kept running towards the fight.

"Damn!" Ben cursed under his breath and climbed off his bike. He recalled that enemy battling was extreme and bold. He watched as Poe, Finn, and BB-8 ran towards the attack. It was not his fight. He could ignore them. Ben turned off his bike engine and climbed off.

He smirked - just a small pouting of the lips, a narrowing of the eyes, and a tilting of the head - at the idea that he could versus against the gang leader. He had fought with him before. Twice actually, but the fight was never settled. He felt his adrenaline rising. When equally matched with an opponent, it felt painful and soul-filling at the same time. That's how it felt when fighting ICE.

Ben quickened his pace and followed Poe. Ajan Kloss would need all the help they could get. The fight had already begun. And it seemed that the Ajan Kloss was losing. All the members of the Ajan Kloss, except Poe and Finn, were fighting. Even if they faced a tough opponent, the Ajan Kloss Gang were doing fine.

"These guys are wimps!" said Nine gazing at the crushed Ajan Kloss members on the ground.

Jesse turned and faced Ice. "We are going to be done earlier!"

"You're joking, right?" Chewie said as he noticed them surrounding them and most of the Ajan Kloss being beaten.

"Let's finish this!" Ice ordered assured they have won.

The moment was broken, like BB-8, Finn and Poe appeared. Finn loudly and clearly asked angrily, "How long will you keep this up?"

Gazing at them both, Nine simply answered them, "Until Ajan Kloss is fully smashed!"

A new formation was created. Ice, Jesse, and the rest were on the front. Poe faced Ice, followed by Finn and BB-8. "You had enough!" he uttered dangerously as he was getting ready to attack Ice—mischief lurking in Ice's lips and eyes as if he had already won the fight.

Suddenly, Poe's arm was grabbed and pulled back. Ben stopped him. "I will take care of Ice!" he stated. Ben cracked his neck and skipped forward.

Ice stood in the middle gazing at Ben now. He had already made up his mind since he noticed the youngest of the Ren brothers. He wanted to fight with him. "We meet again. Let's settle this for good!" he announced.

"Poe, take care of the rest!" he asked. Upon entering the fight, he felt a massive surge of adrenaline, which was life-affirming - at the time. Ben's courage and strength were brutal. His face emotionless, staring at Ice.

In a fraction of a second, he stormed off, leaping and throwing a punch that lined up with his opponent's shoulder. Ben could see the unprotected area on the chest where he would strike next. Ice placed his left foot forward, he brought his back foot to the front and jumped, propelling himself high into the air dodging the second hit.

Meanwhile, Poe ended up fighting with Jesse. Leader of another Gang and friend of Ice. Their encounter was almost lethal. Finn, BB-8, and the others dealt with the rest. It already looked like Ajan Kloss would lose this battle.

"What's this, what's this? We fight again?" Jesse mocked Poe as he caught his attention. It was clear to Jesse that he was not facing just an ordinary member.