Chapter 6 - Bleary Night

One month had passed since Crait captured Rey, and two months after, she moved to Luke's room. Sharing a flat with two men was manageable for Rey. She grew up with a brother and was a bit related to how boys act. Thankfully those two kept the basic hygiene rules, and they were pretty clean. Poe used to be like that too. Yet every day would be a new challenge to exist in the same room with Ben.

Both of them still disliked each other!

On the other hand, for the Ren Brothers, it was a new way of living. Even for Hux, who was more understandable. After their parents died, the brothers lived together. There was never a female around, especially Rey, who would draw all the attention without trying too much. The only positive part was that she was working long hours and the brothers had found some balance.

The rest of the days were always filled with loud arguing, fighting, and threatening. Gosh, they were loud! Whenever Rey and Ben were in the same room, that room would never find peace. Things had gone even worse after the Crait incident. Hux was afraid soon they would start getting physical into fights. He was sure the only reason Ben had not struck her yet, was because she was a girl.

Their daily lives were never the same, and not boring any longer. Each day, something new happened inside the Solo house and it was all somehow related to Rey. The daily routine was slowly changing and they had not fully comprehended. Though, along with that Rey was also evolving.

Day by day, part of her old forgotten self would slowly blend with the present one. The self she hated and called dark. In spite of that, there was nothing really wrong with herself back then. It was the choices she took and the path she followed that was crooked. And since then, she was only a confused teen. Rey was indeed not the same person. She was through a lot and managed to overcome her corrupted life. She came clean. Indeed she made mistakes and wronged people. She still had a lot to learn and to grow. But what she could not see was that she was already a great person.

Though she never pictured herself like that. She could act self-centered and calm. But deep down in her core, she had no faith in herself. She thought that she was a dark person and maybe an evil one. She was filled with imperfections that she learned to hide over the years. And manage to show a perfect Rey.

Yet living with the Ren changed that slowly...

She was working still on the Mall Project. The Desk was filled with Architectural drawings and Designs. Her laptop was running a simulation of the Mall as she was trying to correct a few details. Suddenly something soft hit the back of her head and her black lace bra landed on the keyboard. Her eyes blinked and she looked again to verify it was really her bra. She grabbed it and looked into the direction it came from.

A too annoyed Ben stood there glaring at her. He was wearing a white T-shirt and ripped jeans. "Idiot! Why is your bra mixed with my washed clothes?" he asked her in a loud tone. "Each and every time, there is one of your personal underwear mixed with my clothes."

Rey dropped her bra against the Desk and stood up. It didn't take her long to fire up. "I am not doing it on purpose! Pervert! Do you really think I would go and hide my personal things with your laundry?" she shouted at him. Today her hair was tied up in the usual three buns and she was wearing a brown woolen button-up shirt and jeans.

He shortened the distance between them and poked her against the shoulder once. "Keep you dirty things out of my side! Next time I will throw them away!" he warned her.

Hux simply turned on the TV volume and ignored them. There was no point trying to knock some sense at them. They would manage to drag him inside the fight too. Ben was always fighting with someone, even before Rey moved in. He had his reasons back then as both Hux and Luke were messing with him whenever possible.