Chapter 5 - Horror of Crait

They reached a dark alley behind their apartment, secluding from the lights and the traffic. A cycle of people wearing black was blocking their way. He raised an eyebrow and waited patiently for them to move aside. However, patience was not his forte. As they approached the motorbike, they noticed Snap and a few members of Crait.

As promised, Ben had picked up Rey from work around Seven o'clock. Her heart skipped a beat when she walked outside the building, and the first thing she saw was that ridiculous pink seat. Then it's the fiery rider who was waiting for her. However, he was not the only one. A black van was parked a few yards away. And from Ben's facial expression, she could tell it was Snap.

Rey didn't wait and rushed over, leaping on the bike, as Ben offered her a pink helmet. She gazed at him in bemusement and wore the helmet. "Really! Pink seat and a Pink helmet. You are all surprises!" she scoffed and placed her arms around him. True be told, a few minutes ago, she was shaking in fear how she would manage to step outside. But the moment her eyes came in contact with Ben's eyes, all her fears were won.

"Are you done?" he subdued his words and leaned forward, grabbing the hand clutch and turning on the engine. He drove off as fast as it was allowed to speed in the main streets. He hadn't figured out that before they would arrive home, they would bump into Crait.

"Stay here!" he ordered while taking off his helmet and placing it on the bike's grip. He placed the metallic footrest on the ground and sat casually against the bike. He cracked a deadly smile towards Snap and stood up taken two steps forward towards him.

Snap walked closer evilly, smirking at Ben, and pointed at Rey. "We just want the girl! Give her!" he said strongly while winking at Rey. "How long are you going to babysit her?"

Rey's fingers clutched against the fender under the pink seat as her heartbeat was rising. She grew up around fights and could recognize when one was about to start. She had almost forgotten those two weeks living with the Ren Brothers; the biggest part of their life was fighting. One of the main reasons she fled from Ajan Kloss was the fights. "Ben, don't! Let's go home!" she suddenly uttered, hoping to avoid the fight.

Though Ben seemed too distracted by Snap to give her much attention. "Huh!?" he voiced, "If you want her, come and get her!" He cracked his neck and ended up face to face with Snap.

"Are you going to fight us?" a shorter male who was standing on his right side challenged him.

"You know what happens when you mess with Crait?" Snap dared him while he was standing in the middle.

Ben's answer blew up in front of Snap's face. His first stroke against his face sending Snap at the end of the Alley. And a second punch followed towards the shorter male. After that, Rey lost count of how many punches followed. But every stroke was stronger than the previous one. A few seconds later and the alley was filled with beaten up bodies of Crait members. Only the youngest of the Ren remained untouched.

Ben walked over and bent, sitting on his feet, grabbing Snap's hair and pulling them. "Don't show yourself again around these parts, or my girl! Next time I won't go easy!" he threatened him.

Rey was trembling as long as the fight took place. When she was younger, fights like those were exciting her. But not any longer. She knew how serious things were. Yet, she knew there was not another way of escaping Crait. For that, she could not blame Ben. On the contrary, she was thankful. She tilted her head, revealing her confusion "...his girl?..." she mumbled to herself.

Ben returned and mounded his bike, glaring one more time at Snap. He still found Rey irritating, and she was far from his girl. But by simply adding a possessive pronoun would clarify to Crait that the girl was off-limits to touch. He wore his helmet and pulled up the footrest, and drove off.