Chapter 2

[ One year later ]

You grew tired of being like this, tired of hoping in one foot to move. Since you turned into a quill, things have been very frustrating lately. You can't wander around the castle walls like you used to. Instead, here you are, stuck in your bedroom with Mrs. Closet.

At least you have some company within the area.

"Do you think there will be someone who can break this curse today?" You asked your companion in your bedroom. "I doubt it, princess. It has been a year, and Lumière updated us that the flower is starting to wilt." She replied, hopelessness laced in her tone.

"Well, we mustn't lose hope right now. We just have to be patient." Mrs. Potts' voice suddenly rang, startling you and Mrs. Closet as you looked at the teapot on the wheeled tray.

'Since when did she get in here?'

<><>

It was a cold stormy night. You could hear howls of wolves within the distance of the dark forest near the palace.

You stayed on top of the study desk, what you call now your bed, scared of loud crashes of thunder. The nostalgic feel from last year makes you shiver as you remember the pain you got when you transformed.

You heard echoes of "hello" in the distance from your opened bedroom door.

'Who could that be at this late hour?'

 Curiosity got the best of you. You tried to hop out of the desk and eventually out of the room. Puffing out breathes of exhaustion, you stopped by the door of your room.

"Hopping like this is very tiring. What if I --" You softly whistled through the hallways, signaling your dog, who got turned into a footrest. "It worked!" You exclaimed as it opened your door, revealing your dog as it jumped around you.  

"Who's a good boy?" You cooed. You did your best to climb and ride on its back and command the dog to take you to the source of that voice.

"Oh no! Not the master's chair!" You heard as you arrived at the foot of the grand staircase. Looking over, you saw Cogsworth kneeling near the doorway of the living room, pleading with his body down on the floor. Your dog suddenly ran and jumped to Cogsworth, making the poor clock face planted on the cold floor.

You mutter a soft 'sorry' as you look back at him to check if he is alright. You jumped off your dog as it went to the older man. The man greeted him and petted his head(?).

And you ordered some of the castle staff next to you to give him warmth. "Oh, what service!" The older adult said with gratitude as the servant-turned cloak holder gave him a blanket.

"Alright, this has gone far enough," Cogsworth said in an irritated tone. "I'm in charge here -" A tray ran over him, making you blink in worry but did nothing.

"Would you like a spot of tea, sir?" Mrs. Potts, who sat atop of the metal tray, offered the man with a gentle smile on her face. "It'll warm you up in no time." She said as she put her snout down to the teacup, but Cogsworth has this scenario none of it.

The man took hold of the teacup and gently raised it to his lips to take a sip. However, Chip awoke and giggled as the man's mustache tickled him. The man got surprised and greeted the cup with a chuckle.

A door behind you suddenly went with a loud bang, making you and the other staff gasp. In his beast form, Adam shot a cold glare at the man. The elderly shivered at the sudden coldness. "There's a stranger here," he growled while looking for the old man.

"Master, a-allow me to e-explain. This gentleman got lost in the woods. He was cold and wet, so..." Lumière tried to reason with him, but Adam growled loudly, interrupting the poor candlestick.

You cower beside the extinguished fireplace with the others; this brother of yours has gotten worse than before. His demeanor has become cold and ruthless since the curse. You can't help but be afraid rather than have the courage to talk back to him.

"Who are you?! What are you doing here?!" Adam growled at the man; the elder dismounted his chair and backed away from him as the beast started to get closer. "You are not welcomed here!"

"I-I-I'm s-sorry," the man apologized. "Please, I meant no harm! I just need a place to stay from the cold." Adam suddenly grabbed his collar and dragged him outside the room, slamming the door loudly.

<><>

"He what?!" You shrieked, "He can't possibly put him in the dungeon. It's cold, and he's an old man, for damn sake."

The news coming from Lumière announcing that your brother imprisoned the older man in the dungeon after he grabbed the older man's collar, you can't help but feel guilty that you did nothing to save the man.

You sighed as you thanked and dismissed Lumière from your room.

'I wish this curse to end.'

You thought to yourself, feeling a bit impatient and scared. Scared to the fact that the magical rose is starting to wilt; Impatient, you are tired from hoping someone would break the curse. As the wardrobe began humming a song to ease the lonely feeling, you got lost in your thoughts.

"Papa, are you here?"

After hearing a faint feminine voice coming from the hallway, you immediately returned to reality. You got curious, but stop yourself from going outside, thinking of the possibilities that would happen just like the older man.

"There's a girl in the castle!" Another companion in the bedroom, the maid-turned duster, suddenly cheered. She scared you out of your witts at her sudden exclamation. "Don't you hear her voice, princess? She's the one we've been looking for."

"You don't know that, and neither am I, now please be quiet," you calmly replied to her. You silently pray that this girl would be the one and would not get your hopes up suddenly again.

<><>

"Please spare my daughter!" You heard cries from outside. The scream awoke you up from your sleep. You moved yourself to face your window to see the commotion below. 

You saw your brother dragging the poor man on the floor to the carriage,  tangled in vines and twigs. You saw him throw the old man inside, "... no longer your concern. Take him back ... the village." You faintly heard him as he shut the door of the carriage. And the carriage detangled itself from the vines and started heading off its designation.

You began to ask yourself why your brother would let the older man go and what happened to the girl roaming around the castle last night.

You got lost again in your thoughts, watching the carriage move deeper into the forest and begin thinking of theories. 

edited