Chapter 20

"Y/N...."

"Y/N..."

"My dear sweet daughter," A familiar sweet voice is calling out to you. You open your eyes and take a look at your surroundings.

You're lying on your queen-sized bed, in your grand room back at the palace. You turned to see that familiar voice calling out to you. It was your mother.

'M-mom?'

You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. You wanted to jump out of bed and hug your precious mother, but you couldn't move.

"Please wake up from your sleep." She begged as she held out your hand, bringing it close to her. Just from those words, you know where you are.

As a kid, you have a very low immune system. At least, that's what they told you. You were once a healthy-looking child until you suddenly started coughing out blood and vomiting at random times. Local doctors found it odd that you don't have the symptoms of a fever, but you still feel weak.

Diagnosing your sickness as the Sleeping Beauty's Curse, your body is weak to move around, too weak to even wake up from your sleep. Doctors and medics from different kingdoms could not explain your sickness, saying that it's best to be prepared for the worst. Your parents could not take it, and so they ordered their servants to put up posters for witches, fairies, and magical beings to help cure their sick daughter.

Two days after the announcement, a woman arrived at the foot of the castle. Her hair is black as the midnight sky, her skin is as pale as the moon, dressed in a red cloak that's hiding her face.

The mysterious woman acknowledged her presence as the mage of the forest. Their announcement perked up her interest, and she wanted to help this said person. Your parents and brother exchanged doubtful looks, but she left them no choice when she explained her background.

They lead the mage to your room, where you were sleeping. The mage walked closer to you and caressed your face, observing your sleep state. "This sickness is very unusual at her age, I can get rid of it, your majesty." She said and your parents were relieved, at first. "But this process requires someone who has a strong immune system on their body." She continued.

"You said you can get her cured!" Your father growled, the woman raised her hand in front of him. And speak to him calmly, "I said I can get rid of it. And by doing it, I need someone to switch her weak system with a healthy one."

'Is this...'

"I'll do it." Your mother steps up in front of the mage. "Transfer her illness to me." She ordered and the mage bowed at her with respect. "Very well, your grace."

'... the reason my mom died?'

Your father grabs a hold of your mother's hand. He gave her a doubtful look, persuading her that they must find another way. She understood his non-verbal plea but shook her head, whispering something in his ear before he left with your (young) brother.

"Are you ready, your majesty?" The mage asks and your mom nodded. The mage raised her hands and closed her eyes, chanting an incantation. Black and purple smoke swirls around your sleeping state and your mother, and your subconsciousness watches all of this happening.

The mage opened her eyes as it glowed white. You watched her reciting until you noticed something around her neck. A shining necklace that looks familiar to you.

'Wait. Is that? The necklace the old woman gave me last time in the woods!'

o.     ° •    
.        o.         °
O.     °.