Chapter 14

You woke up at the break of dawn. You looked out the window and saw colors of red and orange mixing from the sun with the dark blue-green sky. You moved out of the bed and opened the windows, letting the chirps of morning birds fill your ears.

You smile and stretch your arms and back. A few made the satisfying popping sound. You changed from the pajamas they lent to you into your comfortable casual attire and put on the necklace after. You didn't question why they have human-sized pajamas instead of little ones fitted for a dwarf.

As you go down the staircase, you can smell the aroma of freshly cooked pancakes. You saw the other six and Red Shoes already sitting at the dining table. Some are on the couch because of the lack of seats at the table.

You took a seat in one of the chairs at the table, and you saw the look on their faces. All of them are staring at Hans as he cooked up the last pancake, some are mindlessly drooling, and some have pouty-hungry faces.

When Hans finished cooking, you stood up and helped him serve breakfast from the kitchen counter. You serve them plates of stacked pancakes drizzled with syrup. Hans nodded in gratitude when both of you took your seat.

After breakfast, everyone began to clean up the table and dishes. "Y/N," someone called you as soon as you were done cleaning the table. You avert your attention to the triplets. "The thing you've requested is finished." They showed you a belt with a sheath attached to it with your staff inside.

You gratefully took it from them and thanked them, quickly putting it on your waist and adjusting the belt. "Th-that was fast! Are you not pressured by this? You know you can do it anytime, right?" They shook their heads, "It's fine..."

"Wanted a break from our robot..."

"Plus, we already have an idea when you requested it." The triplets finished their sentences and reassured you.

A voice called your name again after you thanked the triplets. You turn your attention to the one who called you, "Y/N, since we will find Red Shoes' father today. We will start the search at noon. I suggest you go with Jack and Hans around Dismal Lake while the triplets are going to search around the Caves of Despair, and lastly, Red Shoes and I will search at Golden Goose Avenue. Sounds good?" Arthur explained and is waiting for your answer.

You thought, "I guess I can agree with that. I want to go adventuring soon." You agreed, and Arthur nodded, "Now that's all clear —" You suddenly cut off Arthur from his sentence. "Wait a minute. What about Merlin? Where is he supposed to be?"

Arthur just smirks, villainous if you squint, at your question. "Oh, I have something special in mind for his assessment." From the word special, you already know something is going on in this plan of his.

You eyed him skeptically. You don't really trust this man. Maybe because of the impression he gave to you when you first met. You shrugged anyway and walked over to the couch and sat on it, going to read a random book from the coffee table but kept reading the same sentence repeatedly because of what he had said.

'What kind of special assignment is he planning?'

<><>

Soon enough, the time to search for Red Shoes' father has begun. You, Red Shoes, and the dwarves all gather outside the house. "Here, I drew these last night." Red Shoes gave hand-drawn flyers. You looked at the poorly drawn but specific paper.

'How are we going to look with this drawing? Maybe notice a few details from the drawing to a person's face. That could work.'

"I can't tell if the drawing is terrible or... avant-garde." Hans 'complimented' her with a forced smile on his face. "My neighbor's a great art teacher. Pablo Picassover?" She replied as she gave out the flyers unconsciously.