Chapter 3

You kept thinking of possible outcomes in your theory until you got bored and lazy from overthinking.

You started to think about random things instead and spoke gibberish words from time to time until someone opened the door without knocking. You got startled and silently hid as you saw your brother. As you lay down on top of the desk in hiding, you take a peek and see a girl behind him when he opened the door of your room.

"If you need anything, my servants will attend to you," Adam spoke to the girl as she walked inside. You rolled your eyes at your brother's "attempt,"' talking softly to the girl. "You will join me for dinner. That's not a request!" He shouted and slammed the door loudly, making the girl feel disrespectful at his manner, but she then breakdown and cried onto your bed.

'Wow, how smooth my brother asking a girl out by commanding her. How smooth. This might take longer than I had hoped.'

You sweatdropped and mentally facepalm at your brother's actions to the one-way ticket to being back to normal.

<><>

The girl in your room continued to cry for about an hour. You began to debate yourself if you would stay still and eavesdrop or talk to the girl, and she would probably be scared to see a talking quill.

'Yeah, option one would be great for now.'

A soft knock on the door brought the girl's attention. "Who is it?" The girl asked, raising her head to reveal her face with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks. "It's Mrs. Potts, dear." She answered with a soft motherly voice as the girl walked over to the door to open it.

There entered Mrs. Potts with Chip hopping inside the bedroom. "I thought you might like some tea." The girl gasped in horror at the moving antiques as she took a step back. "But you're a—" She bumped into the wardrobe, waking your companion from her sleep.

"This is impossible!" She touched her head, feeling delusional. "I know it is, but here we are." You stood up with difficulty and finally spoke up to her as she turned her head over to you. You gave her a gentle smile as she returned it with uneasiness.

'Yeah, maybe smiling at her would define a creep.'

'Ya think!'

"All right, Chip, that'll do. Slowly now," Mrs. Potts guided her son over to the girl. The cup tried its best to balance tea on top of his head as it walked over to her. The girl sat on the floor as she took the cup and said her thanks.

As soon she put the cup in her mouth. "Wanna see me do the trick?" Chip asked her before she could sip the tea. Chip holds his breath as bubbles begin to blow on the tea. You chuckled at his childish behavior. "Chip!" Mrs. Potts scolded but smiled proudly at her son as she turned to the girl. "That was a courageous thing you said, my dear." You guessed it is what she did that the older man is free. 

'Gossips do float around in the castle fast.'

"We all think so." The wardrobe agreed, giving her a smile in comfort. The girl smiled back at it, but her smile faltered, and they noticed. "Cheer up, child." Mrs. Potts reassured her, "It'll turn right out in the end." Whatever Mrs. Potts does, she is always the sunshine after the storm. The teapot soon said goodbye, saying she had to prepare for dinner, leaving you and madame wardrobe with the girl.

"Well now, what shall you wear for dinner?" She asked the girl, opening her wardrobe door, and a few moths escaped from the door. She noticed, then smiled shyly at the girl as she opened the other.

"Here we are. You'll look more beautiful with this one." She said as she took a short dress from inside. It was a fading pink asymmetrical dress with frills from the shoulder to the neckline and a bowknot to the side of the waist. It was pretty casual but formal for the event.

"That's very kind of you. But I'm not going to dinner." The girl pushed the dress away. You and the wardrobe gasped at her remark, "But you have to. He could be upset if you declined his offer."

"Madame, dinner is served." A servant announced and bowed in front of the girl. You sighed as you know the consequences if the girl didn't come down. But you have to do the right thing, and she is uncomfortable. "She won't be coming to dinner. She said she wasn't hungry." You spoke upon the girl's behalf. She noticed this and smiled gratefully at you.

<><>

You expect something might happen within a few minutes passed. You know the behavior of your brother since you were little. You know this will not end well after Cogsworth brings the news to him.

You heard loud pounding at the door, "I thought I told you to come down to dinner!" You listened to your brother's voice from the other side. "I'm not hungry." The girl replied, crossing her arms on her chest. "You'll come out or ... I'll break down the door!"

You gave the door a deadpanned look and rolled your eyes at your brother. Disappointed and disgusted at his words.

'Yeah, sure, saying that you'll break down the door is not an evade of privacy (sarcasm).'

"Will you come down to dinner?" He spoke softly but sounded forced. "No," the girl beside you retorted. You stare at her, feeling inspired by her courageous act. You haven't handled these heroic acts ever since last year. Moreover, you saw someone doing it in front of your brother. Well, in front of the door and not directly face to face with your brother, but you get the point.

"It would give great pleasure if you join me for dinner." Your brother said, but you could hear it even more forced than earlier. "No, thank you!" The girl's stubbornness made you inspired and laugh silently. 

'Oh, how I wish I could see his face right now. It would be hilarious.'

"Fine!" Adam shouted with rage, clearly pissed off. "Then go ahead and starve!" He growled loudly, making you cower in fear at his voice. "If she doesn't eat with me, then she doesn't eat at all!" You heard him say and the sounds of rushing footsteps. You looked at the girl and saw a somewhat regretful face, but it disappeared quickly as she noticed you staring at her.

"Why is he such a rude being? Could he be gentle and sensitive other than shouting and commanding other people?" The girl waved her arms frantically, frustrated at your brother.

"But the master's really not so bad once you get to know him. Why don't you give him a chance?" The wardrobe trying to convince her to change her mind,  you think of a solution to fix this mess. "But I don't want to get to know him. I don't want to have anything to do with him." The girl cried. You suddenly think of an idea.

"Hey, how about this?" The girl turned her head to you, interested in what you have to offer. "What if you could stay here for a little longer? Clearly, since it's cold out here, there might be wolves around. I know you can never get back to your village alive, so we are your best bet." She looked at you skeptically at first but nodded in agreement.

"But what about him?" You smirk as you know who she is talking about. "I can or cannot guarantee you from not bumping to him." Your smirk faded and gave her a severe look.

You mentally sweatdropped at your answer as the girl thought about it further. You gave her a sheepish smile, and the girl agreed to your offer to stay. You sighed in relief as the girl laughed, making you join in and eventually the wardrobe.

'I hope we could be friends.'

edited