III

JK is at Mingyu's burial site. "Hey Mingyu. It's hard being without you. I can't sleep, all I can feel is a void in my heart.  I keep replaying that night over and over in my head, trying to piece together everything.  Of course, all the 'what ifs' is there.  I remember the smile you gave me before you got up from the table. I was thinking how lucky I was to have you, then someone shattered my heart within minutes over a fur coat, a coat." 

Teardrops follow the folds in JK's grief-stricken face. "I wish I could've told you I love you when you walked away, but I didn't conceive that you wouldn't come back and that I wouldn't be able to hold your hands, look into your eyes, and tell you how much I love you;  Then you would have blushed like you always do and hit me;  You would have then said that you love me back while laughing.  Oh, how I miss that laugh, I know I said it was annoying, but oh how like hell I wish you can annoy me right now with it. Your mom honored your wish and donated your organs. You always had a big heart and that's why I love you so much. Bye baby."

****************

It's been 2 weeks since Jin had surgery on his leg and the operation went well. He is now at home and every day has been tough for him. He slowly walks around the house and every room has a memory of Ken in it. He remembers Ken sitting on the couch rushing him to get dress for their anniversary party.  Jin sits on the couch and cries until exhaustion. He falls asleep.  When he awakes, he gets up and leaves the house and goes to Ken's burial site.

"Oh Ken, I don't know how to process this life without you. I am here looking at your grave, something I never would have conceived.   I need to be near you, to talk with you. This is hard for me to accept."  Jin arranges the flowers surrounding the headstone. "The flowers are beautiful. Your favorite." Jin starts crying. "I miss you baby. That night lives in me.  We were remembering the first time we met.  I thought that the night I first met you would be the most memorable night for me but because some coward was speeding, I'm here with only the memory of that tragic night. I know I nagged you a lot about time and you trying to be the first person at every event, but had I listened to you that night, then we would have been ahead of that 7:05pm time. I can hear you now telling me, everything will be okay and to be strong. Something you had always told me before when I was not at my best. I hear you Ken, but it will take time because I still can't process the fact that you are gone.   I love you Ken." 

💖💖

Thanks for your support