IV

Two years has passed since the death of Ken and Mingyu. Jin and JK has each tried to find a way to move on in life. Jin moved out of the house he and Ken shared. He has closed himself off from finding love for fear of losing it again. His heart froze on that cold night when they pronounced that Ken had died.

JK moved out of his home also. He decided to move away from the memories that had indented themselves into the walls. The memories only reminded him of his painful loss. Like Jin, JK is keeping his heart guarded. His heart froze also on that cold night when Mingyu laid dying on the snow-covered ground.

JK and Jin moved into the same neighborhood and became neighbors. They both kept to themselves and only spoke to each other when leaving for work. They both don't know that they are tied to the same case. Jin was told that the person that hit him and Ken that night was tied to a robbery minutes before the crash and that he died on the scene. JK, in turn, found out that the person who robbed Mingyu was involved in a car accident minutes afterwards and killed someone and himself.

Jin leaves for work and stops by a coffee shop for his usual Americano and Ken's favorite, banana muffin. He is turning to leave when he and JK bumps into each other. "I'm sorry, let me help you, JK says bending down to pick up Jin's items that fell. "No. Its okay. I'll get it." Jin bends to pick up the items but JK had already retrieved everything. JK stands up and notices it is his next-door neighbor whom he has come to know as Mr. Kim.

"Mr. Kim?" "Yes. and you're Mr. Jeon, correct?" "Yes. Please Mr. Kim, let me buy you another muffin and whatever it is that you were drinking." "No. I'm okay, besides this long line will mean that the wait will cut too much into my time. "Haley, can I get my usual and for him, whatever he just ordered. Thanks." JK smiles at the barista while letting her know that the "him" is Jin. "Sure Mr. Jeon." The barista joyfully replies.

"So, let me guess, customer of the month?" Jin says while looking at the customers in the line who seemed unbothered by JK's request, as it seems that he came out of nowhere. "Ha-aha. No. FBI agents' perks." "Ahh." "Well lets seat while we wait." "Of course, Mr. Jeon" They both sit down at the nearest table. "Well, Mr. Kim." Jungkook speaks after an awkward silence. "You can call me Jin. That is what I usually go by."

"Jin, please forgive me for not introducing myself properly. I know the occasional nods and waves we do almost every morning is an improper introduction. We have come to know each other's last name. I'm Jungkook, an FBI agent." Jungkook says while shaking Jin's hand. "Nice to formerly meet you Jungkook. As I just stated, I'm Jin. I'm a Forensic Computer Analyst. I hope I haven't been a terrible neighbor?" "No, not at all Jin."

They are interrupted by the barista. "Here you go Mr. Jeon and here you go Mr." "Mr. Kim, this is Mr. Kim, Haley." "Nice to meet you Mr. Kim. You two gentleman enjoy your day." Jin and Jungkook both in unison says thanks. The barista turns and leave.

Jungkook's phone rings. "Well it was nice too finally meet officially, but this call tells me I must get going. See you around?"  "Yes. Enjoy, your day Jungkook."  The two men part ways.  Jin makes it to his office and can barely process the morning before he is called into a meeting.

💖💖