IX

"The night that Ken died, I was wasting time and it made us leave later than we where suppose to. We were riding and reminiscing about the first time we met then this speeding car, from out of nowhere, hits us and there was Ken laying there; I couldn't reach him. That night changed everything I believed in." Jin sighs and sits back.

"For me, I didn't know how to process it. I had just closed a big case that day and Mingyu wanted to celebrate with friends. We were celebrating, he leaves the table, I go out to check on him, and that is when I heard a gunshot. My heart raced, it knew. I opened the door and Mingyu was laying there. Someone killed him over a fur coat. I wanted to track him down and kill him myself, but I was told by the detective on the case that the guy who robbed us had just robbed someone else earlier. I also was told that he killed someone and himself in a car accident immediately afterward."

Jin gasps. "That is almost too hard to process. Our paths cross in those tragic moments and kept crossing. What a strange coincident, and with us becoming neighbors and investigative partners."   After accessing what Jin had said, JK is also taken aback. "Woah. You want another beer?" JK couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Yes. But this will be my last one for the night. don't want to drink you dry" "It's okay. I'll be right back." JK gets up and go and gets him and Jin another beer.

JK looks back at Jin and smiles. He has fallen for Jin and that quote of Mingyu's that he had said earlier was the sign that it was time for him to move on. Jin reflected. He knew what JK meant when he said, "care about that person" but he didn't want it to get too awkward between them. He was enjoying their time together. JK walks back into the area and hands Jin a beer. They talk more about life, love, and work. Jin leaves and goes home.

After cleaning up, JK lies in bed and thinks of Jin. 'All these months of staying next to him, I would have never guessed that my next-door neighbor would be the one who would thaw my heart. What I feel when I am with him is indescribable. Could this be fate?'

Jin is also in bed thinking of JK. 'I don't know what it is, but everything about him just feel right. I feel my heart defrosting when I'm around him. Must be fate.' The ringing of Jin's phone brings him out of his thoughts. He looks at his phone and sees that it is JK. "Hello JK."

"Jin, breakfast, will you join me?" JK manages to say from the other end. "Yes, where?" "I was thinking, the café?" "Yes JK, it sounds good to me." "Okay. I will see you in the morning. Goodnight Jin." "Goodnight JK."

********************

The next morning, Jin walks outside to his car and notices that JK has already left. His phone rings, he smiles, and answers his phone. "Hello." Jin notices the excitement in his voice. "Good morning, Jin." JK greets Jin also with an elation. "Good morning JK." JK clears his throat. "I was just making sure time was on your side. I'm waiting at the café." Jin acknowledges and leaves for the café.

Jin walks into the café and JK stands up to greet him. Jin notices JK has already ordered. A Banana muffin and Americano has been placed on the table. "Thank you JK." Jin is smiling profusely." JK smiles too. "You're welcome.

They are enjoying their breakfast and each other while at the same time, they can't help but feel the warmth consuming their hearts. As the warmth defrosts their hearts, the snow begins to fall. 

💕💕

💕💕

I hope you have enjoyed this short journey.  Although tragic in the beginning, I hoped it conveyed a story of love's survival.    

Thank you so much for supporting my story and thank you for also reading my new story, "A Few Stolen Moments"     

 "Strictly Personal"   UP NEXT.    I hope you all are ready.  I'm excited.