VI

"Mr. Kim, we have been expecting you, right this way. May I offer you coffee, tea or something else?"  JK's supervisor greets Jin after Jin had been escorted to his office. "No thanks."  Jin smiles at the cordial greeting and the supervisor takes Jin to a conference room where other individuals have assembled. "Well, here is our conference room. This is Mrs. Ho, she will be your personal assistant; This is Mrs. Nayo, Ms. Yung, and Mr. Yale, top agents in our Cyber Unit."   The supervisor is interrupted when JK walks into the conference room.  The supervisor continues.  "And this is Mr. Jeon, our distinguished special agent. The Lead Agent in this case. Mr. Jeon this is." JK interrupts, "Mr. Kim." JK formerly greets Jin while shaking his hand. "I see you two know each other?"

"Yes, I literally bumped into Mr. Jeon at San's Coffee Shop.  Well Mr. Jeon, it seems that "soon" has arrived."  Jin states.  "Nice seeing you again Mr. Kim. Shall we start?" The meeting lasted three hours and a decision was made to conclude the meeting for the day and to continue it the next morning.  Jin is preparing to leave when he is approached by JK.

"I can unequivocally state that they did send their best." JK compliments Jin on the contribution that Jin made to their joint mission. "Thanks." Jin blushes somewhat. "No problem. Do you drink?" JK asks without thinking, and Jin replies, "Occasionally."   "Jin, I know this nice place. Whenever you're free maybe we can have drinks and get to know each other better since we are working on this case together."   "Sounds good. I will see you later JK."   "Okay then, it's a date. I'm sorry Jin, I didn't mean." JK smiles because he had turned their situation into an awkward one. "No problem JK, I know."  Jin smiles also and they leave in opposite directions.

Jin leaves and goes to visit Ken's grave. "Today marks two years since your death. I've grown stronger but the memories of us still linger. No matter how my life changes, I will always love you. I know that my heart can never love anyone else. It froze with your love etched into it."  Jin arranges the flowers around Ken's headstone and try to remove any dead leaves that had accumulated.

Jin leaves and as he is walking, he notices JK. He keeps walking and turns when JK calls his name.  Jin walks toward JK. "Jin. this is very interesting. We are once again crossing paths." "So, it seems." Jin glances at the headstone JK is standing next to and notices the date on the headstone.  "This is my fiancé, Mingyu." JK says as he looks lovingly at the headstone. "And your visit?" JK asks. "My condolences to the passing of Mingyu. I'm here visiting my husband, Ken." "My condolences as well." JK conveys.  "I'll go so you can finish with your visit." Jin smiles because he knows how important the time you spend with a loss love one can be. "Actually, I had just finished when I noticed you walking past."

They both walk together and head to their cars. "JK, the drink offer, is it still valid? I can use a drink." "Yes. It's still valid.  You can follow me." They arrive at a nice live jazz restaurant. The mood is relaxing. They sit in a secluded area and order drinks and appetizers.

"Sorry, I'm not trying to intrude but Ken, how long had you and Ken been married?"   "One year. Dec 20. 2018 the night of his death, marked one year." Jin shifts in his seat uncomfortably and clears his throat.  "I wasn't being nosy, but I noticed Mingyu's death date as the same date as Ken's."   "Yes. Dec. 20, 2018.  We've been engaged for 10 months and was going to marry on Jan. 1, 2019."   JK does the same as Jin had done, he shifts uncomfortably in his chair.   "JK, this cold night reminds me of that night. everything stopped for me." "Same Jin, same for me." They both realized that they hadn't spoken intimately about their tragedies before and is able to somehow speak with each other about their loss.

"The music is nice. The alluring atmosphere is welcoming. Thanks for asking me to have drinks here.  I must visit this place again." Jin says to change their somber mood. "You're welcome." They talk about how they chose their careers and other trivial things. They ate, drank, and enjoyed the rest of their evening together. They ended their evening, left the restaurant together, arrived at their homes at the same time, and waved to each other as they both closed their doors at the same time.     

💖💖

I am happy that you are still here.  Thanks.