VIII

"I think this may be a major breakthrough." JK sings out. "I hope so." Jin cautiously states. "Thanks, Jin. I'm glad you are here. I admit I had no idea about cyber crime and only agreed to head this investigation because of possible mafia's involvement." Jin acknowledges what JK says.

Jin looks intently at his laptop screen. "The John's, the Pedro's, and the Victon's? Jin poses a question as he points to each name on his screen. "You have something?" JK asks as he looks across the table at Jin. "I'm not sure, but the information you just coded in shows a solid connection." Jin walks over to JK to show him and hovers over him. They both look at each other but quickly look back to the screen. "They sent their best." JK states referring to Jin.

The rest of the team arrive, and they begin working into the midnight. Jin keeps looking at JK and smiling to himself because the young guy's leadership works well for the team. "Mr. Kim, do you need more coffee?" Jin assistant asks after seeing how tired Jin had become. "Yes. Thanks." Before the assistant could leave the room, JK shouted. "We did it guys. We are in. We have the sources and a solid tie-in."

They all cheered, clapped, and hugged. When JK and Jin hugged, Jin felt a certain comfort. He moves away quickly. They wrap up the meeting and calls the FBI Director for an early briefing. Jin notices the tiredness in JK's voice and offers to drive. While driving home, the two talk and after a several minutes, JK dozes off.  When they arrive home, Jin and JK shakes hands and goes into their homes.

The next morning, Jin and JK are at the FBI headquarters. They speak briefly before the Director comes in. They brief the Director on their findings.

"Everything seems in order. I will send out the field agents and we will work it from here. Congratulation Mr. Jeon, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Nayo, Ms. Yung, and Mr. Yale. I didn't know what to make of this case. All I asked was that they put together the best team and here I am, standing in the presence of the best. The Government is forever indebted to your service thank you. If you'll excuse me, I have orders to give. Oh, and the Press conference, you all should be present and available for questioning. Again, thanks for your service." The FBI operation netted three top crime families and solidly tied them to the Defense Department's computer breach. The team went out to lunch to celebrate. 

After the celebratory lunch, JK goes to visit Mingyu's grave.  He sighs and gets to the point.  He remembers that Mingyu hated when people beat around the bush instead of getting straight to the point.  "I have feelings for Jin. It confuses me at times because my heart beats only for you. You remember when I had to go undercover in the Gambino case and I told you, if something happens to me, don't stop living. I told you to find love because your happiness is what matters, you smiled and said that you would want the same for me. I said never and you looked at me and made me promise to find love. I promised because I didn't think this moment will ever come. Now your words rings in my ear but I feel like I'm betraying you by having thoughts of Jin. I just need a sign from you, Mingyu, to know it okay to feel this way." JK stares at Mingyu's  headstone as he wishes that everything was as it was before the tragedy on that cold December day.  He leaves.

JK goes shopping for necessities. He notices Jin. He smiles to himself. "Our path just keep crossing." Jin sees JK and smiles also. "JK." "Jin. I promise, I am not following you." "It's okay. I'm happy you are here. Which meat will you recommend for quality? " They begin discussing different meats and ways to cook them. They both leave the store and is at home cooking themselves dinner.

Jin smirks when he remembers catching JK staring at him. "I know I promised you Ken to find love again if you leave before me, but if you think putting JK in my paths would work, keep talking. I'm listening."

JK finishes eating and starts watching a football game. He decides to invite Jin over for a beer and to watch the game. Jin obliges. JK goes and grabs a beer for Jin and comes back to find Jin looking confused about the game . He began explaining the plays to Jin. "Once you watch two games, you'll understand everything."

I'm sorry, if I'm stopping you from enjoying the game. It seems you took the whole, what you call it? ah yes, first quarter teaching me the game." "It's okay. Mingyu used to tell me, 'you must really care about that person if you take out time from doing what you love to focus on that person's needs.'  I'm sorry Jin, I meant."   "No, it's okay JK. I understand what you are trying to convey." Jin quickly interjects to keep an awkwardness from being between them.  They watch the rest of the game and talk about Mingyu and Ken.

 💕💕

Thanks for your continued support.  I stated it would be 10 chapters but my pre-editing will leave us with only nine.