||9||

We were swarmed by the villagers who just had to reach out and touch the markings on my face that I've had since birth. The mark of the Colourless Dragon, that is one of the distinct features of it along with the giant ass ears I have on my head.

"Halt!" a voice boomed around the area, all the villagers pulled back and a path was opened up for a man, I'd say, in his early fifties, walked up to us.

He was cloaked all in white and his hair was dark with silver roots. In his right hand, he held a large jagged staff that was as tall as, maybe even taller, than him.

The man knelt down in front of me and grabbed my chin, pulling me forward and tilting my head, he stared at the markings on my right half of my face, then reached up to my ears and rubbed them.

"H-hey! Stop that!" I growled as all kind of uncomfortable shock waves were sent through my body.

He then moved to my mouth before treating me like some kind of wild animal and forcing my lips apart and inspecting my (clearly longer than the average humans) canines.

He then stood up and stepped away from me.

"You, boy, who are you?" he demanded, his voice was surprisingly young considering I was guessing his age to be in his fifties. Maybe he's in his forties and his hair is just losing colour early?

"It's rather rude to demand for another person's name when you have yet to reveal yours," I stated, "or the name of your village either. We have no idea who you people are."

"Right. Of course, where are my manners," the man placed his hand over his heart and bowed, "I am Keil. The leader and protector of this village. The village you are in is called Mushoku."

I looked to Yona and she just nodded.

"I am Arcane, she is Yona," I revealed, "I'd like to hear your thoughts on your little investigation of my head."

"You have the features of a warrior," Keil replied, "are you... The Colourless Dragon Warrior?"

"I am," I nodded, "I'm exactly what you claim I be."

"That's...incredibly fantastic," he stared at me in something that resembled disbelief, "never in my wildest dreams had I thought I'd meet our saviour in the flesh."

"Saviour?" Yona repeated, "what do you mean? Have you met Arcane before?"

"No. We haven't ever met, but our Tribe are indebted to the original mushokuryuu," Keil told us, "untie these two, they are our guests."

"Yes, sir," two men nodded before walking to us and cutting our ropes from our wrists.

"Though I'm sure that the colourless dragon could've freed himself easily," Keil stated.

"You aren't wrong, but I was too curious to just leave," I replied as I stood up, Yona stood by my side as well, "please tell me what exactly my predecessor had done for you people because unfortunately, the memories of my previous warriors don't grace me."

"Of course," he nodded, "please, follow me. We shall move to the meeting hall."

We nodded and followed the people through the area and to a large building at the centre of the village where dozens of seats sat in the shape of a horse shoe around a slightly raised up platform. This building was made up of tightly knit together sticks and twigs held together by some kind of rope or natural string. Vines maybe? Either way, it was impressively put together in a way so that it would be sturdy and not fall down unless severely damaged.

Myself and Yona took a seat near the centre front and everyone else filed in around us while Keil took centre stage.

"One thousand, nine hundred and eighty nine years ago," he started his story, "our village was a small village within the lands of Kouka Kingdom. However, we were different and very much hated for being so different. Our people were born with skills that could rival even those of the gods. Our women were born with incredible intelligence and our men born with the strength to support them and help build or do anything that the women needed."

"One day, the king who took over after the previous, King Hiryuu, he attacked our village who was doing no harm to him at all. He killed half of our women and children and some of our men were killed as well," he continued, "during this massacre, we begged for them to stop but he just ignored our pleas and instead he struck down the leader of the village from back then. His son, enraged, decided to strike back, but before he managed to a man with hair like blood and ears like a wolfs. A mark on the right half of his face and eyes the same as the setting son."

"He was the colourless dragon warrior," he stated, "he stopped the onslaught by scaring the king off with his title and then declared that the village was under his protection. However, even he knew that his title would not be enough to protect the village for very long so he and the surviving villagers took to the seas and sailed until they found this vacant island. He helped set up the village and located fresh water sources and places of good farming locations. Then two months later he left the village, saying that he was to return to his village before a disaster struck them as well. Since then, we have never seen a colourless warrior, however, we always have looked to his spirit in hopes for guidance and help. We believe that he protects us even now."

"First I'm hearing of this," I said, "not that I grew up in that village. Sorry but if you're going to start looking to me for protection, I can't give you that. I can't give you anything, nor will I ever give anyone anything. That's not my thing."

"We don't wish to ask you for such a thing," Keil told me, "however, I heard strangers were washed up on our shores, I take it that it was you two. You may reside in our village until you're able to find help."

"That's very generous of you," Yona smiled, "thank you very much."