||20||

I walked out of the cabin just to see it pouring with rain and the men on the deck all stared at me with horrified looks.

"He's-- he's a monster!" one of them shouted.

"He's massacred the children without a second thought!"

"How could you?!"

They all charged to attack me but the brothers cut them down.

"Well now, Arcane you're looking like a red mess of depression right there," Gale chuckled.

"Indeed you're right, brother," Gene nodded before passing me his handkerchief, "clean yourself up a bit before you go around spooking everyone."

The two ran off and I stepped forward before looking down at my reflection.

"Wow..." I muttered, "I'd mistake myself for a monster too if I were them."

I was covered from head to toe in blood stains, my blades were basically dripping with it and my face had basically no expression at all on it.

Strange... You'd think I'd display a bit of sorrow at such a thing when I'd argued against the task previously... Maybe it's because I know that unfortunately this is the path I've been chained to.

"You'd have all the freedom you want... I'm just worried that what you think is freedom is actually not."

Oh. That's right. There is another path. All I have to do is reach out and grab it. All I have to do is go with Yona. If I go with Yona then--

"Ah!" a shout rang out and a sword came slicing down at me, I simply stepped back and watched as the blade dug into the ground.

But before I go with Yona...

I have to finish this job and then I'll be free. For real this time.

I swung my blades up and cut the man down before moving to the next ship.

I don't want to hurt these people but...

My blood burned as I thought about the threat Branton had made against Yona in a way to keep me in line.

... I will protect that girl!

°🏴‍☠️°
An hour later_

I struggled my way back to the blood sails. The oceans were becoming violent, extremely violent and it was starting to become a problem.

"Damn--" I hissed as the bridge I just finished crossing fell down. The boats behind me all sinking as I got from one to the next.

I quickly created a giant hole in the ship I was on and moved over to the next, stumbling slightly as a sudden jolt sent me sliding to the edge of the boat. Thank god for railings...

"Arcane!" A was shouting me from the ship not too far ahead, "hurry up!"

I'm trying to move as fast as I can! Why don't you try and destroy the ships and get to the next one during a storm without getting dragged into the sea again. I don't need any psycho islanders for the second time in one journey, thanks a lot.

When I finally reached the blood sails, Branton barked orders at me while everyone fought with the boat.

"Turn the ship to North East," I told him, "that's the edge of the storm."

He did just that and in no time we were in calm(er) waters.

"Oh jeez--" Travis looked me up and down, "you need a bath... Like really bad."

I just looked away.

"Shut up," I sighed, "I already know that."

"Alright! Set sail for Anchorage Piers," Branton shouted, "We're heading back to the mainland."

"Aye, captain," we all nodded.

"But first..." I trialed off as I walked over to a bucket of water and grabbed a cloth before beginning to wash myself down.

I noticed Yoon was lingering around me, unsure whether to approach me or not.

"Can I help you?" I asked, not looking at him as I focused on washing myself clean of the blood.

"You...are injured," he commented, pointing to my hip, I looked down in confusion to see he was right. There was a large gash in my side.

"Oh. You're right. I was," I nodded, "What's your point?"

"My point?" he suddenly got over his nervousness and put his hands on his hips, "my point is, sit your pretty self down and let me tend to your stupid wounds, idiot dragon!"

Oh wow...

"You think I'm pretty?" I snickered, he flushed red before shaking his head.

"That's not the point!" he exclaimed before pressing his hands on my shoulders and forcing me to sit down.

I sighed and pulled my cloak off. I put it in front of me and turned to face Yoon properly. His eyes instantly met my left half of my chest where a cross scar was sat just above my heart.

"Uh-- what happened there?" he asked cautiously as he began to treat the wound on my side.

"That's something that happened a while ago," I told him, "it's a long-ish story."

"Well, we've got time," he retorted, "I'd like to hear it."

"Fine, suit yourself," I shrugged, "but don't complain when it gets boring."

So I started to explain what exactly happened.