||17||

"There's a boulder in the way," I frowned, "this place is just one frustration after another."

Shin-Ah gestured for me to move to the side, so I did and watched as he pulled the boulder out of our way.

As soon as he did, that smell hit me a hundred times worse and I found myself going weak from the overwhelming force of it.

My whole body burned and just by looking at Shin-Ah, I could tell that the smell was affecting him more now.

But still, I pushed myself through the entrance, leaning against the wall for support. When my eyes looked at the large open cavern I found myself doing a double take and then falling to my butt as all strength left in me totally vanished.

Before us was...

"No..." I cried out, my lungs burned from the sudden speaking in the crappy cavern and I felt my emotions bubbling up again, "why..?"

Trent's PoV

Most of the crew were back on the ship except Yona, Yoon, Hak, myself and Travis.

"What could be taking them so long?" Yoon asked impatiently.

Apparently Arcane went off on a walk and Shin-Ah decided to follow him just in case. But they've been gone for a whole hour and still no sign of them.

"No..." a weak echo reached us and we all turned towards the direction of the source with questioning looks.

"Uh-- what was that?" Hak asked.

"It kind of sounded like Arcane," Travis replied with a slightly confused look.

I just hummed and started walking towards the noise.

The others followed after me and it didn't take long for us all to be surrounded by some really really bad smells.

"OK... What the hell?" Hak cringed as we all pulled our shirts up over our noses and mouths.

"Smells like something or a lot of something is rotting," Yoon commented before turning to a cave, "in there."

He pointed to where a slight glow was being emitted from and we all walked in.

The further in we got, the worse it smelt.

"Wow, if Arcane is in here and not suffering, I'll be damn impressed," Travis stated.

"You're right, his nose wouldn't be able to handle this," I cringed as I inhaled the smell and suddenly I found myself tasting it as well.

I'm going to be sick if this gets any worse.

"There's Shin-Ah," Yona pointed, we all ran over to him, he looked at us and then back through a giant hole in the wall.

We peered through to see Arcane kneeling on the floor in front of a giant ship, or what was left of one. Scattered around it were dozens of dead bodies, some were so old as to say they were skeletons, some were slightly newer and were only just decaying.

But what had me was the two bodies Arcane was kneeling in front of.

They looked unmistakably like him.

"Arcane," I reached forward, coughing as I spoke. He turned to me with tear filled eyes. I can't tell if it's because he's crying or if because this stench is stinging them but either way, it annoyed me to see it.

"My parents..." he looked at them, "their bodies can't even have been a month or two old... If we got here sooner... They would be alive... But just thinking about how they've been stuck on this island for eleven years..."