||18||

"There's a storm coming," I muttered as I sat up and looked forward and sat up before frowning, "no wait-- that's not a storm. What is that?"

Ships?

"Captain! Ships ahead!" I shouted before grabbing the rope and swinging down to the deck, as I did, I whistled for Apollo and he came diving down, landing on my shoulder as I landed on the floor.

"How many?" Branton asked.

"Ten," Shin-Ah answered for me, I nodded in agreement.

"Sounds like they're all totally piled up with people," I told him as we stood and looked out on the ocean to where the ships were, "what exactly did you get us into, huh?"

"We have to sink every ship and every person on them," Branton grinned, "a massacre on the ocean."

Everyone on the ship gave him a shocked look.

"W-what?" Trent rushed forward and grabbed Branton, "and what justifies this kind of action? Oi-- Arcane! Zone in on the people on the ship."

I nodded and focused my hearing forward.

"There are a bunch of men, all carrying weapons... women..." I paused before a younger voice hit my hearing.

"Hey, papa, look there's a ship with red sails!" a young voice hit my ears and I backed up.

"What did you hear?" Trent asked.

"A child," I stated, then multiple more of them came into my rage, "multiple of them. Captain I'm not--"

An overwhelming sense of bloodlust washed over us and I froze. When I looked over to Branton, his hat was casting a dark shadow over his eyes and his expression was deadly.

"You're not what?" he asked.

Threat.

He's a threat to my life.

That's all I can think...

I jumped back a few paces and brought out my blades before getting ready to defend myself.

"Branton! Arcane!" Trent shouted as everyone watched us in horror, "put those blades away. And you, calm yourself down. Killing Arcane because he's not saying things you want to hear is absolutely ridiculous."

I went to put my blades away, but I kept caution. However... Branton pulled out his sword.

"Move out of my way, Trent," Branton growled, "the little dragon needs a lesson taught to him."

Keeping my blades out, I frown at him.

"No!" Yona ran between us, "stop it both of you!"

"Princess!" Hak shouted.

"You idiot!" I shouted as Branton launched himself forward.

He doesn't care. He'll kill her.

"Damn it," I leapt forward and grabbed Yona before throwing her to the side, Branton's sword coming too close for comfort and connecting with my blades.

"Come on, Arcane," Branton muttered before looking up, "don't you remember the last time you went and challenged me?"

"I remember," I shook my head, "but I'd like you to back the hell off. This isn't right."

"Oh? And when did you suddenly gain an opinion?" he asked, almost tauntingly.

"I gained an opinion when you told me that I had to kill children!" I shouted before throwing my foot up and kicking him away from me, "I refuse to kill children."

He gave me an irritated look as he put his sword away.

"You're thinking that it's not right, they did nothing wrong, right?" he asked, "just think about the fact that they'll be the next smugglers. The next kidnappers. The next thieves or overbearing nobles."

"That doesn't make that any more ok than you're trying to make it out to be," I glared.

"You and I know that you're not strong enough to beat me in the state you're in, kid," Branton told me, looking off to the side, "you're just too weak. So what're you going to do? Tap into your inner fury and kill me... and every single other person on this boat? No. I doubt you will, you're not like that, are you, kid?"

We're back to being called 'kid' now, huh? This guy...

His eyes then landed on Yona's form amidst her group.

"Those days you spent alone with that girl has changed you. You've been blinded," he stated, "you've become weak to your fate. Congrats, kid, you're going to become a slave to the colourless dragon after all. Now the rest of you, stop being a little wimps and get ready to do your jobs."

"Y-yes, c-captain," everyone looked away from him as he walked away.

"Arcane, your punishment," everyone looked to Branton and waited for his words, he looked over his shoulder at me and glared, "you're going to kill ever single child and teenager on those ships."