||30||

The feast began within half an hour, we'd all settled in a room each in my uncles house and then headed out to eat.

During eating, I told uncle about everything over the past eleven years.

"Dear nephew," he shook his head, "you allowed yourself to be manipulated, huh?"

"Hey! I was six and longing for someone to look after me, alright?" I frowned, "I didn't think I'd be able to get back here alone so..."

He nodded.

"We thought you all died but we hoped you lived but I guess..." he sighed.

"Uncle, our crew and my parents were murdered by islanders who tried to kill me when I washed up on their shores recently," I told him, "those bastards tortured our people."

"I hope you sent them to their graves," he growled.

"Most of them," I nodded, "a fellow pirate killed the rest."

"Right," he nodded, "that's good. They don't deserve to live."

"So scary, chief," Shi-Zen chuckled, "but those guys..."

He looked at Yona, Hak, Yoon and the dragons all eating and having fun not too far away from us.

"You won't be around for long will you?" he asked, "the girl is the crimson dragon, right?"

"I believe so," I nodded, "my blood called out for her. So I came to tell you about my parents and crew and then I'll leave to join Yona on her journey."

"Are you sure that that is what you want?" uncle asked.

"Yes," I nodded, "they've helped me out a lot recently and I've come to quite like the group."

I gestured to my new scar and my stupid eyepatch I just decided I'll keep on. Might as well rock the pirate look, right? I mean-- I was a pirate for eleven years so... I've been a pirate longer than I've been your goodhearted dragon warrior.

"They're loud but friendly and they care about each other, although sometimes they don't show it," I said, "they're probably pretty protective over their companions and their leader, Yona, just wants to help people and change the kingdom for the better. I kind of want to see this new kingdom she's going to create and I want to help her create it too."

It's a kingdom I want to see. I want to see a kingdom where the fire tribes people aren't suffering, where the people in the water tribe aren't being drugged. Where those in the earth tribe are able to proudly live up to their reputations and those in the wind tribe can relax and be their lazy selves. A kingdom where Princess Yona sits on the throne.

"I understand," uncle nodded, "then I will not stop you but I'm sure that at this point you already know the truth of your power."

"I do," I nodded.

"Then you need to be careful," he told me, "the more you use that power, the less you'll have control over your own body."

"I already know what to do if I lose control of myself," I told him, "and if I end up going as far as to not be able to pull back..."

He nodded.

"Which one?" he asked, looking at the group.

"The green dragon," I replied, "Jae-Ha."

"Will he be able to do it if it comes around to it?" he asked.

"He'll have no choice," I stated, "it's either I die or they do so he has to be able to do it."

"Don't let it get that way," he ruffled my hair, I nodded and smiled before stretching and standing up. I went into the forest and relaxed against the trees with a small yawn.

"Colourless dragon?" Zeno popped up beside me, I smiled and waved, "you ok?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "there's only so much people time I can take though."

He sat down across from me and grinned.

"You're not a very social person are you mushokuryuu?" he asked, I shook my head.

"I was a pirate, we're not social people," I chuckled, he laughed along with me and nodded. Then I got a thought from when we were on the island.

"Uhm-- Zeno," I called, he looked to me curiously, "I have a question, the people on that island told me that a thousand, nine hundred and eighty nine years ago the original mushokuryuu saved them. But that doesn't match up with what you said? And then there's my village too... it's clear that we're the mushokuryuu bloodline but it doesn't make any sense."

He scratched his head as he thought.

"Honestly, I don't really know how this makes sense?" he frowned, "unless..."

I looked at him curiously.

"Sho had a girlfriend, they had been together since even before he was a dragon warrior. When we met him, she was with him. Though she disappeared for a while after Sho joined us. I didn't really think of it at the time but maybe... he had a baby?" he questioned, "I always wondered how his bloodline continued on, it must've been he had a child and then once Sho died--"

"All his powers went to his child," I finished for him, he nodded.

"Exactly," he nodded, "but then that doesn't explain the island village. Could it have been his child? At the time you said, Sho's child would've been eleven or twelve years old if we're thinking that he was born during that time when we first met and Sho's girlfriend disappeared."

"But a kid like them defending a whole village, starting one of their own?" I asked, "it doesn't seem really realistic, does it?"

"I suppose not," he shook his head, "but then again, Sho was an ambitious guy so what's to say that his child wasn't either?"

"What happened to his girlfriend?" I asked.

He looked reluctant to reply but seemed to make his mind up.

"Sho killed her," he told me, I stared at him in surprise, "it wasn't in cold blood or anything but he did kill her. He was in one of his many moments of blind rage and King Hiryuu was nowhere near us so she tried stop him or hold him back until Hiryuu could reach us but..."

"I see," I nodded.

"He was distraught and it was enough to kick him out of his blind rage," he told me, "when we finally got to them... Sho went through so much sadness and pain that by the end of his life, he could smile no more."

"That's sad," I nodded, "really sad. I can imagine how painful that would've been. Killing your own lover? I understand how painful that'd be."

"He locked himself up in his room for two months and then totally disappeared for a few weeks before he came back," he hummed, "we were all pretty worried about him but Hiryuu told us that we should give him space. But only a month later, Sho died too."

Wow. Who knew the original mushokuryuu is in such a dark spot in history. But I don't really remember hearing anything about any of this stuff in the history I was taught by my dad.

Sho... I'm sorry that you had to go through so much pain.

"That is why I think that being the mushokuryuu is a curse and I'm so sorry that you had to be born as Sho's descendant," Zeno sighed.

"I don't mind," I shook my head, "actually, it's really weird but I kind of feel like the power I have, sure it makes me unhappy sometimes, but it makes me happy too. Before I had met the pirates, I had no idea what to do with the power I had and then I had something to do with it and now Yona... I feel like without the mushokuryuu I'd have no purpose in my life so I really don't mind."

He looked down sadly and frowned.

"Zeno doesn't want to watch another mushokuryuu die," Zeno suddenly piped up with a bright smile that covered up the sadness behind his eyes, "Anyway, Zeno and mushokuryuu should get back to the party, no? Come on, mushokuryuu!"

He grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet again.

"Come dance with Zeno," he grinned.

"...ok..."