@J_Ally

What speaks to me or inspires me the most? Music.

Hi, I'm Ally. I'm a poet, as you may have guessed. And I want to give you all an insight into my mind, without poetry. Though, this is mostly about my poetry.

Let's be honest. If you had asked me a few years ago about poetry, I would have been disgusted. My first introduction to poetry was a book of African poems that I couldn't understand most of the words and the poems had no meaning to me. Then one day, I felt like expressing my feelings in words. That was my first song.

From songwriting I decided to dabble into poetry. I found out that poetry was just a way of expressing your feelings, thoughts and views on life. It became an addiction for me. I loved it and I still do. Poetry doesn't necessarily have to come with rhymes, it could even tell a story, you may have to read between the lines. But its fun, its exhilarating. Poetry can stir up so many feelings in you, happiness, anger, sadness. It all depends on what you read. I love dark poetry, that's what I began with. Let's just say, dark poetry isn't really appreciated where I come from. So I kept my poems to myself. I was on wattpad already then though. Through some encouragement, I posted my first poem. I didn't expect to get the amount of support I got on it. It was awesome. For me to be an admin in a community of poets like this, its a great honor. I never knew my poems would get so much love or attention. I don't even believe I've gotten anywhere as a poet. But I love poetry and I'm gonna keep improving on my writing it. Its a way for me to express myself and also show those reading that they are not alone, people have been where they are right now and they don't have to go off the deep end because of an overwhelming emotion. There are other people out there who have felt their pain and can help them through it. That's really the whole purpose of posting my poetry at all. Not to get attention, but to help and heal.

Like I said earlier, my major inspiration for my poems apart from my thoughts, is the music I listen to. I dabble into all genres of music really. I have favorites in all of them. I'm a girl who loves adventure so can you really blame me😁? Music and poetry for me always go together. When I write my poetry, I have to be listening to a song or to have been motivated by a song. I guess its just a part of me, and maybe its also prompted by the fact that I love listening to music and creating music.

Umm, a few facts about me just to finish it up. I love poetry especially dark poetry. I love art though I'm useless at it. I love music, mostly all genres, too hard to pick a favorite, I love the colors sky blue, purple hues, sunny yellow and black. I'm a quiet adventurous girl and I'm open for new experiences or making friends. I'm an ambivert so I relate well with all personality types. I'm crazy when you get to know me and fun, I guess. You can also trust me to always have your back once we become friends, even if you won't have mine. Uhhhh....I'm seventeen, Nigerian, and a lazy ass teenage girl. I guess that's all.
So, here's a piece of my mind and myself. I can't wait to see all of yours☺

With love,
Ally