Chapter 2

Mia's POV

"Hey Mia, you have school in 1 hour"

Ugh, School. I hate school. Ever since my mom was murdered, I have not just been myself. Maybe because I miss her a lot.

"I'm coming dad".

I rush into the bathroom to freshen up. After that I struggle to find the right outfit.

Today is the first day I'm returning to school since my mother's death which was 1 month ago. We haven't still found her killers but the police promised us that they will make sure to find him and bring him to justice.

I end up settling for a white T-shirt and black leggings.

"Honey hurry up, your breakfast is getting cold".

"I'm coming dad"I repeat.

I hate it when he bugs me. I'm the kind of girl who does whatever she wants and here I am getting for school.

"I just need 5 more minutes"

"Get down here this instant, I have given you over 45 minutes"

Sheesh, what's his problem. I walk over to the dining room. Immediately, I get there I give my dad glare. Not a bad one just a playful kind of glare.

I love my dad, though he gets on my nerves by intruding in my business.

"I'm here"

"Good, sit"

I obey

"I'm going to be away on a business trip for two weeks. Take care of your brother. I have already told your sister what to do. Remember, no parties in this house while I'm gone, understood".

We reply unanimously.

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that I have siblings. My big sis Stacy is a college student while my brother Kyle is in high school like me.

We are not the best of siblings cause we always argue and stuff, I mean who doesn't.

But you can always count on us to look after each other.

I finish my breakfast and grab my backpack.

"Bye dad. Have a safe trip, love ya" I say.

I head to the garage and decide on taking my Audi out for a spin.

---

I approach  the car park and parked my car before adding a little bit of makeup on my face.

I step out of my car and scan the area, I can only see a lot of freshmen probably looking for their way around the premises.

"Excuse me, can you show me the way to the science lab".

"I could but......, I don't want to" I say.

I know you might think I'm being cruel to the poor kid, but that is how things are done around here. The cool kids mop the floor with the freshmen. If I act friendly, they might take me for granted.