Chapter 5

Tyler's POV

I have to get a good night sleep but all the things that happened today cannot give me the ability to keep my eyes closed.

The men who came to the lab looked like they were really afraid of their boss. Which also means the person that they are working for is either very strict or very powerful and has a lot of connections or maybe both, either way I have to find out who he is and get him the punishment he deserves for making me an orphan.

I swear I will make him pay for what he did to me.

Another thing that has been bothering me is the peck on my cheeks by Emily.

I know it's just a peck and besides there's no affection or feeling between us but I can't help feeling weird right now.

I was pecked by a girl.

It's not like it is a big deal anyway.

She is a cute spoilt rich girl. Normally most boys would have fallen for her straight away but I'm not most boys. Though I find her attractive and might end up liking her. I have to act professional cause she's my partner and it always becomes awlMiad when you like your partner.

"My grandson are you still awake"I hear my Granny's voice.

"Yes granny".

"Ohh, my grandson let me get you a glass of warm milk to put you to sleep".

"Thanks granny".

"No problem".

She brings the milk and I immediately take a big sip out of the glass.

"So that young lady that was here today,who is she?, and how do you know her?.

"She's my classmate, but we're kinda dating at the moment".

She hit me on my hand.

"Hey, that hurts".

"Why couldn't you introduce her when she was here".

"I'm feeling sleepy now grandma, good night"

"Answer my question"

"Maybe tomorrow, I'm tired right now, I need to sleep"

"Fine good night, tomorrow you have some explaining to do"She says and leaves me to sleep.
I hope I will find the killer sooner and live my life at my pace.

---

Ugh, Monday mornings.
I hate Mondays.

I have to give my so called girlfriend a ride to school and also a ride after school so I can't be late.

I get ready and decide to go with a navy blue v-neck line shirt with the same colour of pants, I'm probably going to wear sneakers and I'm not going to forget my jacket in case the  weather decides to be cold.

"Breakfast is ready"My granny yells.

Mmmh, breakfast. I'm starving.

I rush downstairs only to find what I was not expecting.

There was omelette and bacon with coffee but that was not what I was angry about.

"What are you doing here"I ask.

"I came to check on you, son" Agnes, my step mom says.

"You shouldn't bother, besides, as you can see I'm alright. I don't need your worry my grandma is here anyway".