NINE::: Back To His Old Self.

I still couldn't wrap my head around it. Elijah had fun. Fun.

He was all happy and cheerful and smiling. Oh my God, he fucking smiled. Who would have thought?

Shaking my head, I strapped in the buckle in my peach heels. I didn't want Elijah to make any complaints, so I wore a light blue jumpsuit and a little makeup. I straightened my hair and topped it off with a white necklace around my neck.

The orphanage home didn't need much preparation. With one last look in the mirror, I grabbed my phone and made my way out of my room. I ran into mom on my way out.

"Honey," She smiled at me. "It feels like ages since we saw each other. "

"It's only been two days mom." I chuckled. "And you know I've been busy. "

"I know, honey. And you've been handling it all so well. You would make a great queen. "

If only she knew.
"If you say so..." I trailed off.

"Where are you off to now? "She asked noticing I was all dressed.

"The orphanage." I replied. "Elijah wants us to play with the kids a little. "

"Yeah, that's good." She commented. "You'll have a little experience before you have kids of your own."

I almost choked on my own saliva. Kids? Are they expecting me to have kids? With Elijah?

Oh God.

"Uh, we have to go mom. Bye!"

Picking up the pace, I made it out of the palace doors. Ivan was in front of the car, his hands folded in front of himself.

"Your highness," He pulled the door open for me.

"Thanks Ivan." I got in.

"Took you long enough."

Holy Shit! I jumped my heart racing as I panted.

"Oh my God, Elijah! " I yelled. "Why don't you stick a knife in my heart next time?"

"I'll put it into consideration." He responded making me glare. He leaned deeper into his seat and crossed his arms.

He's changed to quickly. He was all bubbly just hours ago. And now, he's back to his old self.

My God. I kept my eyes on him trying to figure him out as Ivan drove off.

Who exactly is he? Does he loose his memory every once in awhile? Is he bipolar or something?

Or is it just that he likes being so mysterious? I felt I would get a migraine from all this thinking.

"Staring is rude, Eiffel." I rolled my eyes, as I caught his eyes at the rearview mirror.

I focused my attention out the window, watching the view go by as we drove.

With one last suspicious glance, I turned my head back towards the window, starring at the light blue sky, my mind completely focused on one thing.

Or should I say, one person.

!'!'!'!'!'

I took of my shoes before entering the bright little room filled with kids. They were all so giddy and full of life, that I couldn't help but wonder how they become orphans.

"Hello kids!" The miss in charge of the kids of the kids for the day, whose name I learnt was duchess, announced. "The prince is here! "

They groaned. All of them. They're bright faces fell instantly. Elijah rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.