NINTEEN::: Bump in the road.

*Recap*

Who's that?

"No way," Elijah whispered. He strode over to the car while I watched in confusion.

The air was already filled with tension as the car came to a stop. Tilting my head, I wondered who
it could be...

Could it be?

No. No, it can't. It just can't.

My fear was confirmed when I watched her step out.

Oh brother!

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

Taking in a deep breath, Elijah took her hand and helped her out.

"Grand mother." He acknowledged. She smiled warmly at him.

"Elijah,"  She said now fully stepping in front of him. "Or should I say, my king." She said, laughing gently and bowing slightly.

"I'm not king yet, grandmother." He chuckled. She smiled at him.

"Look at you, looking all snazzy!"

Elijah let out a breath. "Grandma, no one uses snazzy anymore." He laughed gently, shaking his head. "Why are you here?"

I gently played with my fingers, awkwardly, starring at them.

"Can't I come visit my grand son will without reason? " She with mock annoyance.

"Of course you can. But I know you grandma... Why are you really here?"

"Alright alright. You caught me." She laughed. "Well, I heard my little grandson is not so little anymore."

It took a while but then he finally realizes what she was talking about.

"Are you talking about my wife?"

Oh my. My poor heart! Did he really just call me that? Don't squeal, Eiffel, do not fucking squeal.

"Yes, I'm talking about your Wife_to_be."

Way to kill my mood, grandma. She is exactly how I was told she is. Bold, Cruel, Strong headed, Ruthless and lethal.

" Grand mother." He shook his head. "She's right over there."

Her head finally snapped to my side. I suddenly felt self conscious about myself. It didn't help that I was wearing a little skirt and and a white hoodie. Her eyes raked my body shamelessly and I could sense immediately that she didn't like what she saw.

"Is that her?"

Damn, that hurts.

" Yes, grandmother." Elijah finally made his way to me. Wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to him. I froze where I was, rooted to the ground. He literally forced me over to her, dragging my body with him.

"This is Eiffel. My wife. " He said, applying stress on 'wife.' I looked up at him and smiled.

"Hmm.  Inside now. " She muttered, walking off and lightly bumbing into me, hitting my shoulder.

Bitch is strong for her age.

"She hates me." I breathed out, as I turned and watched her walk away.

He turned with me, hugging me from behind, his head on my shoulder. "She doesn't hate you.  You know my grandma. She's just a little...  Difficult. "

Trying immensely hard to ignore his warm breath  that fanned my face and resist the urge to kiss him, I snorted. "Difficult, my ass.  She most definitely hates me."