SEVENTEEN::: Knight in shining armor.

My eyes slowly fluttered open.

I took in the darkness surrounding me, my eyes slowly adjusting to it. My head was still hurting making me grunt and groan. I tried to get up, but realized my hands were all tied up, to the arm of the chair.

I could still hear the faint sound of music blaring, and I came to the conclusion that we were still at the club, probably at a basement or something.

"Hello?" I said slowly. Then, sat up, Looking around, frantically.

"Is anyone here?" The room was dark and I could hardly hear a thing.  "Hello!?" I yelled panicky. Suddenly, the lights came on. I blinked continuously, trying to adjust to the blinding light.

"Well, well, well." A voice started. Even though I still had my eyes closed, I could recognize that voice anywhere. "You've finally woken up. "

Setting my eyes forward, I watched her slowly walk closer to me.

"August, what the hell? Why I'm I in here? " She stepped yet closer to me, leaning close enough to my face.

"Shut it, okay? I haven't permitted you to talk yet."  She said, her vodka breath hitting my face.

"August, let me go! I'm serious here. Let.me.go! " I squirmed around in my seat, trying to get loose.

"Stop yelling already!" She screamed at me, her hand just about to smack my face when a hand gripped hers.

"Hey," I looked at him. "Don't hit her. " August pulled her hand away from him, muttering a fine.

"Efron, what is going on? Please, let me go. Please. "

"I can't. " He deadpanned. "Because if I let you go, you'll just go back to that son of a bitch prince. "

"Elijah? "

"Isn't that what I said? "

" Well, what do you expect? I told you my dad betrothed me to him. "

"Oh, please. If you wanted, you could have easily said no. Did you Eiffel? Did you say no? "

What, it's not like I'm enjoying this. It's not like it's all unicorns and rainbows. I'm not exactly thrilled about the situation but what to do? "I'm doing it for my dad."

" No. You're not. Answer me, Eiffel, would your dad want you to marry someone who hurts you?"

"What, no. He would never."

" So, why are you still with him even though he  hurts you constantly. Tell me, Eiffel. Why?"

"I... I..." I paused, thinking.

He's right. Why haven't I left him? The thought never even crossed my mind. Do I even want to leave him?

I think I do. I'm sure if I let mom know about the way Elijah treats me, she'll call off the wedding immediately. But yet again, she might think I'm just making up stories just to get out of the wedding.

Plus, that might put Elijah in trouble with his dad. And something about Elijah getting in trouble quite bothered me. For reasons unknown to myself.

"Of course, she can't answer." August muttered, walking to the door. "I'm honna head out. Elijah's gonna be looking for me."

"And me, you know. " I quickly added. "He's gonna come looking for me, and when he catches you__"

"Let me stop you there. Elijah is not gonna come looking for you." She told me.

"Yes, he is!"

" No, he isn't." Efron argued. " Elijah is on the couch right now with a stripper.  He doesn't give a flying shit about you."