Chapter 3

I knock on the door, she signalled me to come in with a wide smile, Hi Swathi, I am Baani, How are you? I said with all my zest. Hi Baani, I am fine, How are you? Did you settle down yourself? Where you are staying? I hope there was no trouble in finding the office location. Not at all, I am staying with my cousin. Wow, that's pretty great at least you have known face among these strangers. Come I will introduce you to your team and let's take a tour of the office. We went ahead and she introduces me to my team, there are about 7 people and I can't remember their names in one go. I just caught of one name Nishanth, he is handsome, tall, his biceps built well, my team leader, who will be providing me training on the system. Nishanth assigned me a desk next to him, briefing me what the company does, what the system is about. He then takes me on the tour to the office, I see cafeteria, then on the upper floor there is another department, he quickly guides me to the common space which is a game zone basically if you are tired, you can take some time and play your favourite sport. This line just lightens my heart.

We come downstairs, grab our seats, he sends me some links on the Google Hang out and some documents to prefer. Looking at my confused expression he said, you don't have to finish today but have a look. I open the links and the document, which explains the product. We develop the app to fetch Reviews from the different Travel Website and provide it to the hotelier. As I open the URL, he says, hey I just forgot to create your credentials, by that time, just use mine, let me send you. Don't perform any operations just check the options, menu and what it says. Ok, Sir, I said. Haha, Dont say, Sir Ok, just call Nishanth, No Drama. I was happy that he is not like bossy kind of person. After some studying, one girl patted on my back, as I turn she asks me my name, where I completed my education and another bunch of questions. I answer them politely and she introduces herself as Veera. Wow, a very nice name I complimented. By the way, I am from Indore she said. What really? My uncle stays in Indore and it has been my second home or you can say my vacation home, I have spent my vacation there. Her excitement gets double, she drags her chair and sits next to me, Amazing, so where does your uncle stay. My uncle stays in Baxi Colony, I can't believe it's near to my house. We can travel together sometime to Indore she added. I found Veera very friendly, she is the senior tester, once my training will be done, I will be working with her. She said in one breath. I was happy that at least I found someone who is interested in talking with me. After reading the document and playing around the system I don't realize it's already lunchtime. Veera insists me to join her batch. Come Baani, let's go, we proceed to the Lunchroom.

Everyone's eyes are on me, it feels awkward first but soon everyone welcomes me and we start talking like old friends. I remember Jhanvi's words. People are very nice here. Post Lunch we go to the game zone to play foosball. I have never played it I tell her, I will teach you, it's not difficult. Just stand here and observe Ok. Yes, sure I agreed to her. She plays swiftly, she seems an expert, I try my hands on but seems like it will take some time for me to play. Soon we get back to our desk. Nishanth says it's your first day so don't get too much into it, will take it slowly, just chill for today. You can listen to music if you want to. It's ok I am fine, I say and try to concentrate on other documents. Soon my first day at work is over, it was good, people are friendly and now I call Niket, he picks up after three rings, Hi just give me 10 minutes he said. I wait at the office corridor. After 20 minutes I see Niket honking and we both leave the place to reach home. He implores about my day, whether it was good or bad, people around me looked positive and warm I told him. We reach home, Jhanvi has arrived already, she asks me how was it. As soon as I explain to her my phone rings, it's Mom, I think you should talk with her first. I pick up entering my room, Hi Mom How are you? I am good, you say how was your day? Mine, I almost made a friend and people seem good here. I narrated everything except that I found Nishanth very attractive, I will share that with Tiya. Some secrets are better to share with friends I thought.

I call Tiya after speaking with Mom. Hi darling How are you? I say it aloud, Hey I am fine, I was just thinking about you, So how was your first day, was it boring? Did you check out any guys? I feel the naughtiness in her voice now. Ok, so my team leader is a handsome hunk, I wish you could be there with me, we would check out him together, we both laughed. His biceps, his beard he just looks stunning, I mean anyone can get attracted to him, he was good to me, also I found a friend her name is Veera she is from Indore. Wow, that's great progress, and do send me that guy's picture, let me fantasize us for a bit. Only God knows the count of the guys you keep on fantasizing yourself with, every time we talk it's a new guy, where do you find them or you are stalking them. Haha, nothing like that I just see them wherever I go you know. And then my mind captures the image and rest is the history you know it. Ok cool now let me go and help Jhanvi, she might be tired as well. Let's catch up later. I receive the notification on my phone, there was a message from a girl if you are looking for an apartment, please call on the number. Before calling and finding out the place it was important for me to discuss it with my parents, Jhanvi and Niket. I chucked the thought for now and leave to help Jhanvi.

We prepare dinner and discuss my work. While having dinner Niket and Jhanvi make plans for weekends to roam around the city. I am all excited to see the city. We finish our dinner quickly, they want to watch Movie and I was not interested so I excused myself and rush to my room. I call Mom, ask her if she is ok with my decision to live by myself. She denied and said its better to live with the know ones. I try to explain, Mom it's not going to harm, I am not saying I don't like here but then how will live independently. You talk with Dad ok because you are never listening to me. Oh God, ok ask Dad what are his thoughts. Dear don't rush in decision dad says, just spend sometime like a month or so by that you will know the city, colleagues and then you can decide. We are not against the decision but if you move immediately they will feel bad and also if something happens then we have to seek their help only. I hope you get my point Baani. My dad announced with finality. Ok, Dad, I agree with you and will follow as you have said. My dad wishes me Good night and ends the call. I toss on the bed, in my deep thoughts, unable to catch sleep, I think about my dad's words and then finally accept that he is not wrong. Let's wait for some time, it's ok to go with the flow, don't rush, you will live the way you want, just do as your Dad says, my inner voice tells me. Now sleep, I order my mind to stop the chattering and now I am excited for the next day to see my new crush. I don't send any friend request otherwise he would think me of some creep, I have not even shared the picture to Tiya, I don't have it but soon I will share once we become friends.