Chapter 6

Next day in the morning I was about to leave the office when I saw her talking on the phone, I waved her bye and she smiled. I reached the office and messaged Veera to come to Cafeteria, she replied back that she is stuck in traffic and it will take time to reach the office. I didn't feel like having coffee without her, I chucked the idea and went back to my desk, it's been a ritual now after reaching office, we rush to the cafeteria, have our coffee together and gossip about everything. Some people become a part of your life so easily that without them even a normal activity seems to be boredom. After some time I notice Veera coming in, she wished good morning and pulled the chair beside me I told her, I have your gift ready, take this hard drive, her eyes twinkled, she kept in her bag immediately before someone could notice. I had meetings and new releases of the product so my entire day was piled with work. Veera asked me to join her place as her roommate was not staying tonight but I wanted to rest so I promised her to visit in weekends to have some fun. We both booked our respective cabs and left for home.

I reached home and saw the lock, Oh God I dont have the spare key. I messaged Aditi. Hey, I forgot to carry the spare key, how much time will it take for you to reach?
Hi...I knew it, so I have placed it under the first plant pot she replied. You saved my life I replied. I was starving from food, I opened the door and went to my room, opened the cookies box and completed it in a single go. What should I prepare for dinner? I dont even know how to cook, after tossing for 20 minutes, I came to the conclusion to prepare Maggi. It's easy to cook and saviour for people like me. It was 10.00 PM in the night and there was no sign of Aditi, I wanted to ask her if she will be late but thought not to bother her. I called mom and narrated her about my activities, she asked me about Aditi and I simply lied that she is in her room resting if I would say she is not yet home my mom would fire another 10 questions. It was 11.00 PM when I ended my call and was ready to sleep, I heard the doorbell, I quickly hurried to open the door, I saw Aditi and her boyfriend Parth, he had held her and told me just take her to her room, she is a bit tipsy today. I nodded and held her, she was murmuring something about Parth, her mom and dad, it was not clear but she was missing her family the only sentence I could figure out. I removed her heels, her bag and covered her body with the sheet, turned off the lights and went back to my room.

Next day morning I checked on her, she was still sleeping, I got ready and left for the office a bit early due to my meeting. I and Veera both checked out Nishanth, he was looking handsome, ok let me correct, he always looks handsome but today he looked amazing, I was mesmerized by his stunning body muscles and his wavy hair, his skin tone seemed chocolaty, his beard added the cherry on top of the cake kind of feeling. Any woman can fall for him, Veera pinched me, dragging me into reality, we both concentrated on the presentation rather than imagining Nishanth. After the presentation, Nishanth instructs us to complete the task within a week. Post lunch we are ready to test the new feature, Veera guides me to test the flow in the correct manner. Veera knows the entire project as she has been handling it from the beginning and I must say she is brilliant.

While I was packing my bag to leave from home I receive a call from an unknown number, I picked up, Hello is this Baani? There was a guy on the opposite side, Yes who is this? Hi, I am Parth, Aditi is not picking up my phone, do you know where she is? How did you get my number? I don't know about Aditi, when I was leaving for office I saw she was still sleeping. Is everything ok? Yes, actually Aditi gave me last evening, just in case of emergency if her phone is not reachable I can reach out to you. I hope that is not a problem exclaimed Parth. Yeah, it's ok. Let me try to call her and see if she answers me or not, I said ending the call. I called Aditi, it was ringing but no answer. I tried one more time and couldn't reach her, my throat dried up, I said Veera to pass me some water and sat on the chair. I gulped the water and said Veera, Aditi is not receiving a call, also his boyfriend called me. What? Really? Just call once more Veera suggested, it might be possible she is busy in her work. I sense something is wrong Veera, Parth was sounding nervous. Ok then call her at her workplace and check if she is still in office. I don't know where she is working and what she does. What? Are you out of your mind Baani? You are staying with someone whom you don't know and didn't even care to ask what she does? What is wrong with you? I know it sounds silly but it's just been 3 days and I thought I will ask her once we have proper time to talk. Baani it just takes 5 minutes to get the details, she rolled her eyes and said just call Parth again and tell him you are unable to reach.

I dialled Parth's number and informed him that I couldn't reach Aditi. Parth said she didn't attend office today and she is also not at home, he is standing outside the house and there is a lock. He asked security and said he saw Aditi going somewhere. My hands trembled and I said Parth...Ummm.I just recalled that yesterday night when you dropped her she was murmuring something about you and her family, she was missing her family. Do you think she left to visit her family? No, never, that's next to impossible, her parents are a doctor and they always visit her, she never visits her parents. Really? Where she can go then?

Let's keep trying her phone if she picks up it will be wonderful otherwise I will file the police complaint. Hmmm, Yeah Ok, I will keep trying and will update you if I hear something. Yes, please Baani keep me updating and thank you for helping me out. Thank you she said and ended the call. Veera I am leaving, Aditi is missing and I am not sure where she is, Parth enquired with security and he saw her leaving the building in the morning. I hope wherever she is safe. I am really worried. I was just wondering why she never visits her parents. Baani it's better you go home and wait for her call. Only she can answer every question. Please take care, don't worry. Let's be positive and think everything will be fine soon. I leave for home and I receive the message from Parth that security has checked CCTV Camera and she has come back in the afternoon but home is locked. I felt a lump in my throat if she came back then where she can go. I dialled her number again, it was ringing but no answer. I replied back to Parth

Baani: I called her but no answer. I am on my way towards home, if possible, please come over to the place.

Parth: Yes, I am leaving, let me message you as soon as I reach