Chapter 7

I reached home and paid to Cab driver. Parth waved me to come quickly, we both went straight to the apartment, I unlocked the door and we looked for her in each and every room but couldn't find her. We went down and asked watchman at what time he saw Aditi and he responded, "Madam in the afternoon", I saw her entering the building and after that, she hasn't left. I asked Parth to check if her vehicle is in the parking lot and we went to the parking area to verify, it was easy to spot her vehicle parked at the place.

"Damn, where she can go?" Parth said his hands on his face, he was tensed. "Do you have any alternate number of Aditi?" I asked curiously. "No, only one number but I have her colleague's number which she shared with me, I called her earlier but she didn't answer," he said with a jiggling voice "Oh God, can you try again? I requested him."Yes let me try", he dialled the same number and waited in hope for that girl to answer. Aditi's friend picked up the call, he asked if she had any conversation with her, she said:" No, today she saw an email from Aditi that she is not feeling well and won't be able to attend the office."Ok, can you tell me the time of the email? Yes sure, just give me a moment to check, he looked at me again in some relief and her friend said it was 10:17 AM in the morning, he thanked her and ended the call.

We both looked at each other, our face turned clueless, we kept thinking of the possibility of where she can go. Parth should we check on the terrace once I asked him with fingers crossed. Let's go Baani, I didn't think of it but let's give it a chance. We took the elevator straight to the top floor, we both climbed the stairs, the door of the terrace was open, it was dark and we switched on the light, the light was quite dim, we turned on our mobile's torch, we stepped forward and turned left, we didn't see anything, some newspapers were found which seemed old, we went towards the right and checked there as well but there was no sign of Aditi, I asked Parth to check on the adjacent side of the water tank, we went to check and found Aditi's bag, my heart was thumping so fast that I grabbed Parth's hand, he looked at me and said we should look at the corner, we went ahead and found Aditi lying on the floor, Parth ran quickly and checked her breathing, he lifted her and told me to move aside quickly, he instructed me to carry her bag and we went back to our apartment.

I opened the door and Parth made her rest on her bed. He took a glass of water and sprinkled some on her face, she didn't wake up, he called one of his friends and asked him to get his car. He asked me to check her phone in her bag, I opened the bag and started hunting her phone, following three compartments all checked but couldn't find it, last hope was the small pocket between the two compartments. Finally after searching the bag found her phone with Silent mode. Parth asked me to check how many calls and messages she has received and who were the callers, I felt a bit awkward and said Parth please check by yourself, I don't like to check her personal stuff and you guys have been together so you know more than me. I handed over the phone to Parth, he checked the calls list and messages. He didn't speak a word. He looked at me and said he needs to smoke and asked me to look after her, his friend will be soon here anytime and we all will be going to the hospital. It was quite obvious something was not right but I was a bit scared, I felt if I made a mistake moving into a wrong place. I had to tell someone but I was resonating with the thoughts if I should even discuss or not and a doorbell ring interrupted my train of thoughts, I stepped outside the room to see who was on the door, while I reached the living room, I saw a fella, he was discussing with Parth to bring down Aditi in the car, they will be taking her to his family doctor. Parth signalled me to hurry up and carry Aditi's bag, he said he would swipe her card and there shouldn't be an issue with money. It completely left me in awe, how could someone even mention about swiping the card when his girlfriend is unconscious, only if I could record all this and show it to Aditi that how she has chosen someone who acts to be a perfect boyfriend. Well, I just followed his instructions realising, he is the master and she is the slave. I collected her bag, added one pair of clothes, took my bag and left to see the doctor.

Parth's friend was driving the car, he was sitting on the passenger's seat. I was sitting at the backside and Aditi was lying next to me. No one uttered a word during the ride which made me more anxious. There was a tattoo on her hand, it read as "अर्थ". It took some 30-40 minutes for us to reach the hospital. Parth and his friends called the security and asked him to call ward boy to come with stretcher, his friend went inside and called the ward boy to hurry up. We went inside, Parth asked the doctor to check her as soon as possible and to give her the treatment. The doctor told us to stay outside and only one person is permitted inside, Parth went inside. He came out and said "Aditi has taken some wrong medicines and due to that there was a side effect which led to unconsciousness. "So you think she went on the terrace to chill and she had her medicine there, this is what you are trying to say which is totally rubbish." I said clenching my teeth. Just tell the doctor to start her treatment and we can ask Aditi what happened to her, once she is conscious. The doctor said at least she will be kept under 24 hours of observation as sometimes the side effects of medicine severely damage the organs which they would monitor added Parth with such a hipness on his face.

I signalled Parth to excuse for a minute, we went in the corner, don't you think we should call her parents they are doctors too. If something goes wrong who will be responsible for all this I looked directly into his eyes, my hands folded and my face was turned red. Yes, you are right but let's start her treatment and wait for the doctor to confirm if everything is ok then we will call her parents and inform them that she is hospitalised. Can you check her phone if someone called on her phone from the family? Alright, let me check, he opened the lock by entering the password and showed it to me that there was no phone or any messages from her family. They were too busy in their lives that they forgot they have a daughter too. We stayed up all night in the hospital, waiting for Aditi to open her eyes. Next morning Aditi was conscious and she asked me where she is. I told her we are in hospital and due to wrong medicine, you had a side effect which made you unconscious. She asked me if I can check her phone and call Parth, I held her hand and said Parth is here too. He went to the doctor to ask about your condition and if everything is ok then we will get the discharge or not.

It was around 9:30 AM in the morning I called Veera and told her that I won't be able to attend office as Aditi is hospitalized. She asked me to drop an email to Nishanth copying her in, I thanked her and went in the room where Aditi and Parth were having some discussion. They were having some argument and they stopped as soon as I got into the room. Parth said to me that in the evening we can have discharge, he asked me if I would like to rest at home and he doesn't mind dropping me to the apartment. Looking at Aditi, I replied I am fine here and we all will go together at home. I wanted to ask Aditi what happened to her and why she went on the terrace and which medications she consumed, but looking at her face, for now, I just stopped myself. We completed the formalities and in the evening went to home. The doctor gave some tablets which she needs to continue for 2 more days. Parth's friend was waiting was us in the parking in his car, we left the hospital to head back home.