Chapter - 10

In the morning when my alarm chimed, I got up and saw Aditi was still reading. Hey Good morning, you are still awake, that's quite surprising. Shhhh...I am almost at the end and I want to know the climax, don't disturb me. Alright, I am going to get ready for office. Happy Reading! I went for a quick shower and got ready for the office. We were having a conference meeting with some clients and we were expected to be dressed up in formal attire. I waved Aditi and told her that I will be late today, she said she is at home as she has taken a leave for a couple of days.

Veera was keen to know the exact details, as usual, we went to the canteen and while sipping our coffees, I narrated her each and everything, her jaw was dropped when I told her about Parth, she said these days people are not upfront and they don't have clarity of what they need in life, that's why people break up easily or take each other for granted. Anyways, I just advise you not to get too much involved in all this Baani, you never know what you get trapped in. I nodded listening to her, she was right. After our conference, we went to the pizza outlet which was nearby our office, it was a treat from our client as he was happy with our services.

I received a text from Aditi that Parth took away phone and Ipad which he gifted to Aditi, that's the reason he showed up and his intention was not to help her. I messaged her back that it's alright, bygones are bygones, don't think too much, instead plan some holiday with your parents. She texted back it's a great idea it's been so long that we went on vacation and she doesn't remember when was the last time she went on vacation with her parents. When I returned back home after work, Aditi was preparing dinner, she said her parents cancelled the visit as they have some conference happening in the UK. She asked me to taste the curry, Baani can you tell me if anything is missing. Aditi, it is delicious. You are a good cook, I complimented her. We both had our dinner and she said she will resume her work from tomorrow, we started developing a bond of friendship. We talked about movies, trending fashion, celebrities crush, web series, politics and whatnot.

Few weeks passed by and slowly we started sharing things with each other. We cooked together, we went on shopping, we started buying new books, we bought a new bookshelf, we went for movies, we went to buy groceries. Everything was just awesome, we both were comfortable in our own skin. One evening when I returned from work, she got our favourite chocolates and announced that she got promoted and she wants to celebrate. I hugged her tightly and picked up 4 chocolates. Baani, let's celebrate.

What will you have Vodka, Beer, Champagne, Whisky? Sorry but I don't drink and haven't touched anything. What? From which earth are you? Oh, Girl, what should I make for you then Bournvita, she laughed hard. My face fell down, I felt bad that I didn't taste anything and I don't know what to say. Aditi quickly read my face, Babes I am sorry I just didn't want to hurt. You should also have fun in life sometimes, I know you come from a conservative family but it's ok to dress up for yourself and serve a drink for yourself sometimes. I have started to learn some good things from you, now it's your turn to learn some fun tips from me. Let's go clubbing tonight. She dragged me to her room and opened her closet, choose whatever you want to wear. After scanning all the dresses, I picked up the shimmer golden top and black skirt, she insisted me to put on her stilettoes. She applied a thick layer of eyeliner. She applied some makeup on my face and applied a plum matte shade lipstick. Fuck, just look at you darling, you are just killing it, she looked at me and winked. I couldn't stop blushing and she said if she were a guy she would definitely ask me out. I laughed hard, Stop it Aditi, I know you are cheering me up. By the way, I look a little different today. Now time for you to dress up darling I told her in a slutty voice. Hahaha, see someone is getting used to with this. Too fast, I like it.

She had put on her favourite black backless pencil dress, black high heels and her favourite cherry red lipstick. She took some pictures and posted on Instagram. We went to the "Beer Adda" pub which was not that far. The crowd was good, the music was loud, she ordered two beer for us. I tasted it for the first time, It's a bit bitter I told her, Drink it and you will find it better once you will get used to it. She ordered another for both of us, it was bitter but cool. My head was getting a bit heavy, she dragged me to the dance floor, we danced our heart out immersing ourselves in another part of the world. Aditi, I want to sleep now, my head is heavy, my eyes getting shut and the images of people getting blur. Maybe this is how people get high when they consume alcohol. She booked the cab and told me not to sleep here on the table, I am just shutting my eyes now.

It was morning when I opened my eyes and my head was too heavy, I was in my nightdress and Aditi was sleeping next to me, she was in her shorts and spaghetti top. I went to the kitchen and made strong coffee for me. Thank God it's Saturday otherwise I doubt I would be able to attend the office I told myself. The coffee was ready, I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, for the first time I felt different after partying, Aditi was right, sometimes life is not about work, family and goals, sometimes its good to pour yourself a glass of drink and dance your heart out to the best. It's amazing to do all of that not only when you are alone but when you have a great roommate, who is also your best buddy and who is extremely as crazy as you are.

I tried to wake up Aditi, she was in deep sleep, to tease her I called her on her phone, she opened one eye after 5 rings, Baani, why is she is calling? She looked around and I wasn't there, she was sleeping beside me, Oh My God did something happened to her. Let me just ask her without questioning too much. Hi, Aditi...I need your help, please don't say no. Can you just get up quickly if you are sleeping I said in faking crying voice. Baani what happened babes? Where are you? Please come here, please. Yes sure but where are you tell me. Kitchen, please come soon. What are you doing in the kitchen? Without answering I just disconnected the call.

She called out my name and I just boomed in front of her, What the fuck Baani? How can you joke around like this? How tensed I got do you even have any idea?

Hahaha, I am sorry I just touched my ears for playing stupidity. For a moment, I thought she would just punch on my face but she starred me and started laughing with me. You silly girl, she said patting my back. It was a crazy night, isn't it? Of course, it was stunning and all thanks to you, I told her pulling her soft cheeks. I have made coffee for us, please freshen up quickly and we have to go for the movie as well, remember Miss Aditi, I reminded her. I totally forgot about the movie. We are a big fan of animation movies, it was Toy Story 4 for which we booked tickets. We enjoyed our movie with popcorn. The best thing about Bangalore's climate is that even in summer it rains sometimes. Back in Jodhpur, the summer was the worst to survive, the temperature would increase to 40 degree Celsius, that's the minimum. The skin would get too sticky and one would get dehydration easily, if not taken care of oneself. Time just flies, it's been almost 6 months in Bangalore and I just love being here, I miss my family too. I haven't been home but I am planning to visit them next month, I will surprise them, you also join me, I exclaimed looking at Aditi. I will take you to my school, college, we will take a city tour, I will ask Tiya also. We three will have fun. It sounds fun to me. Baani, I am so happy that I have a roommate like you, she said clutching my hand. Me too Aditi, sorry I mean me too babes, and we both laughed out loud.