6| ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ROSE POV:

I cried out his name in desperation without thinking, when I noticed him, holding an injection in his hand.

I couldn't tolerate the thought of him getting hurt. Even I don't know why is that? He gawked at me, astonished.

The next moment, he has hurled the injection away and began to make his way toward me, his legs wobbling. His full body is sweating as if he came out of a shower without drying himself.

Suddenly he lost his balance and drop to his knees. "Mr.Knight-", I hurried towards him worried. I inquire if he is ok? Staring at his weak condition.

I felt his breath airing against my face that filled with intoxicated odor. My eyes have compressed with revulsion. But, I had held his shoulder, still.

"So, you're really in here.", I found his words appearing as a whisper. I'd tried to make him stand, but, without warning, he has prodded me against the floor and hovering above me.

Oh, God! I forgot the doctor's advice...

I hiss in pain when his hands clamped my wrist, roughly. I feel like my hands are gonna fracture. His face is close to mine dangerously and it has made my heart thud against my chest, hastily.

"Mr.Kn-", I tried to talk but he cut me off. He shushed me by pressing one of his fingers against my quivering lips.

"Don't. Now- yov- anshwerh myhh.. ques..tin.", he talked in a slurry way. It seems he's not in his control now. I recollect, what the doctor has advised me, to stay calm and composed.

"I don't understand what you are saying, Mr.Knight?", I implored. He closed his eyes as his jaw clenched.

I'm dead...

"Why didn't you pick up-", he slams his hand against the floor, seething.

I shrieked covering my face with both hands. I tremble under his wrath and I didn't even dare to look at him.

As minutes passed by, I felt him move away from me. I was about to eye him and at that exact instant, I'd heard an audible rumble. I sat up shortly, and, met with the sight of Mr.Knight fisting the wall in a rambunctious way.

I gasped when I watched the wall, it is staining with blood. No! His knuckles. I got up from the floor, and, brush off a pain in my wrist. I told him to stop.

"Mr.Knight, stop.", I fussed and place my hands on his shoulder as he turns around to confront me. I took several steps back, when his wrath-filled eyes warned me to stay out of this.

My breath began to heighten when he took one step ahead. I gulps down my fear and stayed still invoking courage.

"Leave.", he cautioned me, under his breath. I nodded my head, negatively. He took another step again, but, still, I didn't move. I need to take him out.

Each sound of his footsteps, made my heart clang against my chest. He stood in front of me, I fist my hand against my dress. His brawny body is rippling with sweat. My height halted upright to his chest, I raised my head to watch his angry eyes fixed on me.

My chest surged high in tension when he leaned down to my height and grit out again, to leave. I retort, "I'll leave only if you also come with me."

Suddenly, he clasped my hand and he began to drag me away. I learned, he's trying to push me out of the room.

"No, Mr.Knight, I'm not leaving w-", before I can end the word, he has lost his balance and is about to fall again.