Chapter 9

ARIANNA'S POV
I left the boys room to the kitchen to do the dishes cause I don't feel hungry.

   I was doing the dishes and was thinking of what Stiles said on the phone about giving Xavier a chance. I wanted to but am scared of his job cause he's a mafia boss and my kids will surely be involved in it and I know I have no say in it again since he refused to let me pay my father's debt and in exchange of me.

        I don't want my kids to have that kind of life especially the boys cause they've been through much over the years, then I wondered what Xavier will do when he finds out what happened to them.

       "Penny for your thoughts " a voice said making me jump in fear "Martha you scared me" I say putting my hands on my chest "and I wasn't thinking" i said and then hiccuped.

  Oh I forgot to tell that am a Pinocchio, I can't tell lies cause then I will start hiccuping just like Park shin hye in Pinocchio( a Korean series) I can't keep a secret. Too bad my boys got it from me while I got it from my Mom and she got it from her dad.

     Let's just say it's runs in my Mum's family, Martha gave me the "I know you are lying look" after hearing the hiccup, i sign " I was thinking about Xavier" I said siting on the stool 

"What about him" she asked " his job, how he blackmailed me, am sure he did it on purpose and am scared ok, of him, everything about him scream danger, I don't want to be sleeping with one eyes closed, I can't be watching my back every time I go out and with the kids" I said frustrated

    "This kind of stuff if they want to harm him, it through his weakness and the kids are his weakness now which put them in the middle of this" I said

    "I don't want to loose them, I almost lost them twice and I don't want it to happen again" I said with a cracked voice "but your parents  are in the mafia" she said  "no just my Dad's twin and his younger brother but now my Cousin Leonardo is in charge" I said taking a water from the refrigerator.

     "My dad left before he married Mum, he said he don't want his new family to be involve in it so he gave up his position to his twin Uncle Derek and gave the legal company his dad own to Uncle Donnie then built his own oil company from the scratch and he trained all of us in self defense " I said " and he changed his name to Gilbert cause that's Nona's name but answers his Father's name when he wants to".

    His father, my Grandpa is Vilentino" I said looking at Martha who was shocked about this new information.
     "Wow, just wow, but you won't lose them, Xavier is here now" she said putting her hands on my shoulder

       "No matter how he tries he can't protect them all without anything happening and I don't want any of them to involve in this mess" I said. "Trust him for once Ari" she said

   "I once did and look where it got me, betrayal, and I almost lost my life twice and he even lied to me about who he was and what he does for he living" I said " he didn't lie, he just left out some part of his life," Martha said taking his side.

   "All am saying is that everyone make mistakes and Xavier did, so please give him a chance for the sake of your kids, you heard what Stiles said on the phone, so please don't suffer in pain when you still love him" she said and left the Kitchen leaving me with my thoughts.

I know this chapter is kind of short, ave been so busy now but I will try to drop another chapter before the end of the week. So how did you see this one. Just know things are about to go down😎. Keep voting and keep the comments coming and please do follow me on Wattpad. Thanks for the love

                                              xoxo Matilda💞