SIXTEEN

(A/N: These next few chapters get a little pg-13. There is no cussing, but there are mentions of killing, gambling, abuse, and some language that should not be said. Please note that this does NOT represent what my protagonists stand for, this is only to represent what my antagonist is doing in my story. Just a quick warning.)

KELLIGAN

Gambling, lying, and murder make up who I am.

I watched as Tee plopped the black duffle bag on the table in front of me.

He started to unzip it and the sight of my daily dosage was revealed.

Money. Wads and wads of fresh one hundred dollar bills.

"250 grand even, sir. Counted it this morning."

I smirked.

Two of my men dragged in a gagged lady.

Her bronze skin was bruised and scratched up, you could barely tell her skin was its natural color. Her short, raven hair stuck to her forehead, and her deep brown eye (mind you I took away the other one) was bloodshot and full of pure rage.

My favorite part about her was the tears streaming down from her one eye. And the sobs coming out of her gagged mouth.

She looked so helpless.

And it looked so good on her.

"I say, Mrs. Maxwell, I knew you were going to turn in this money, but I never thought you were going to turn it in this early."

I slightly nodded my head, and one of my guys took off the gag, her arms still tied behind her back.

"I like you, Maxwell. You wanna know why?"

I stepped closer to her shaking body.

"You'll do anything you can to protect your niece and your...nephew..."

I got on one knee and caressed her deformed face.

"Oh, my mistake. Gad isn't your nephew, is he?"

She cringed her head away from my hand.

I get back up and start walking towards the table again.

"You knew it would come to this," I said as I loaded my pistol, "and yet, you still chose to protect those two brats with your life."

I turn back around and walk ever so slowly towards Haseya Maxwell, Kedah's beloved aunt.

"One of them couldn't seem to keep her legs closed," I taunt as I waved my pistol around, "and the other...the other was the result of her hormonal stupidity."

"Shut up!" Haseya screamed.

I laughed.

This was the best part of my day.

"And the best part is...her parents were too drunk to notice."

I cocked the pistol and pointed it at her throat.

I tilted my head a little bit, just taking in the way she looks when she's alive.

"Give my grandfather my regards, will you?"

I pulled the trigger.

                                             ~•~

I pressed the button for the 2nd floor, watching as two of my men and Tee followed me in.

The doors to the elevator close, and I tucked my pistol underneath my suit jacket.

I watched as Tee stood next to me, his body tense and his jaw set.