Chapter 1

Kaike sighed as he stared out the window. The rain poured down, creating a rhythmic pitter-patter as it sprayed onto the window and the metal roof of the bus. He didn't even care where this thing was taking him anymore, all he knew was that it would take him far away from him. He didn't even know what to call him anymore. He felt a burning hatred just at the thought of him.

His ginger hair was messy and his light amber eyes reflected the same as the water drops that were powdering down just outside the window. He couldn't remember how long he had been on this bus, nor did he even know where he was at this point. But at the same time, he felt a lingering pang. Maybe it was because he was leaving everything behind, or maybe he just wasn't sure what was to come. Or it might be a little bit of both. 

It felt like a bitter kind of nice. He was finally away from the man that had ruined his childhood, but he was also leaving behind all that was left of it. Well, maybe not all. He clenched the handle of the suitcase he was holding on to. It was fairly big and had a navy blue pattern on it. There were some tears here and there, and a bunch of ducttape had been used to patch a large hole, but it was still in usable condition. The bus pulled to a stop and the doors slid open, letting in an entire army of people. Kaike sighed and stood up from his seat, carefully maneuvering the suitcase through the crowded bus. He didn't want to stay with so many people around. That would increase his chances of getting caught. He was eighteen, but he was also shorter than average and looked more like he was in his mid teens.

He gently lifted the suitcase to the ground and quickly pulled it under the bus stop before kneeling down in front of it. He unzipped the top halfway and stuck his hand in, feeling a furry, warm body push against his fingers. He smiled and rubbed it for a few seconds before he felt around some more. He eventually pulled out a grey umbrella and zipped the suitcase shut again.

After managing to spread the umbrella, he grabbed the handle of the suitcase and started walking. He kept walking along the semi-crowded walkway, glancing into store windows from time to time. He wasn't sure what he was looking for, maybe just somewhere that he could go in for a while. He eventually saw an open cafe and decided to go inside and sit for a bit. He pushed the glass door open and squinted while his eyes adjusted to the bright lights. It hadn't looked that bright from the outside, but he wasn't going to complain. After putting his umbrella away, he rolled his suitcase across the shiny wooden floor and sat down at one of the tables by the window. 

He could see a man sitting at the table in front of him, but his back was turned and he could only see golden-black hair. He glanced around the rest of the cafe, seeing only a few other people spread out at the tables. The air was still and tense, as though a battle was actively taking place. Everyone kept to themselves, no one making eye contact with another. That is, until the door swung open and a boy with dark blue hair pounced in, throwing his arms up and yelling at the top of his lungs, "I have arrived, peasants!"

Nobody looked up or responded, but that didn't kill his spirit as he bounced over to the table in front of Kaikes, plopping down across from the man. "Hi!" he said in an obnoxiously loud voice, still receiving no feedback from the other people in the cafe. "Keep your voice down." the man ordered in a low mumble, but it was still loud enough for Leo to catch what he said. "Okay," the blue-haired boy said in a loud whisper. The man shifted and Leo could tell he was digging around for something. Either that, or he was masturbating.

He pulled something out and slid it across the table. Kaike couldn't tell what it was, so he straightened up in his chair and leaned to the side to get a better view. The boy didn't notice him at all, but the man suddenly turned around and looked at him. "Can I help you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as his icy eyes bore into Kaikes.

Kaike tried to make it look like he was stretching. "H-huh..? O-oh, uh... n-no I'm fine...!" He said, mentally cursing at himself for stuttering. The man narrowed his eyes and continued to stare at Kaike. Suddenly, he felt... guilty? scared? He wasn't really sure; it was a bit overwhelming. He broke eye contact from the man and grabbed his suitcase, getting up to leave. As he went out the door, he could see the man still staring at him from of the corner of his eye. 

The rain had slowed to a drizzle by now, and the sky was lit up from the sunset that could not be seen because of the many buildings surrounding him. He feeling continued to grow as Kaike rolled his suitcase into the alley, looking for some sort of shelter to spend the night. He pulled his suitcase behind a dumpster and collapsed onto his knees, vomiting all the contents of his stomach onto the ground. He rolled into his side and moaned in agony. It wasn't pain, just sheer misery. He layed there for a while until it faded away. By then, the sun had gone down and the only lights were the street lamps.

He sat up and unzipped his suitcase completely, letting loose a medium-sized black dog with a white-flecked underbelly and soft chocolate eyes. The dog wagged her tail wildly and covered Kaike in licks, causing him to laugh. He tumbled around with her for a while before he grabbed a leash from his suitcase and clipped it on her collar. He then zipped his suitcase up and started down the alley, looking to see if he could find a more private place to spend the night. The dog bobbed along beside him, his suitcase rumbling over the ground behind him.