Chapter 5

Ezial narrowed his eyes, pushing down the annoyance rising in his chest. "Why did you lie?"

Kaike deadpanned at him and shrugged. "Oh I dunno, I have no damn idea who you are and therefore I am not required to share any personal information with you." He said with a hint of poison in his voice. Ezial blinked. "Oh, so I see you have a vague idea of what common sense is?" 

Kaike rolled his eyes and pretended to not be hurt. He glared at Ezial, trying to come up with a stinging reply. "W-well you...your......" he trailed off with a pout, his voice squeaking a bit. Ezial raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Kaike crossed his arms and huffed, slipping into littlespace. Ezial shook his head, mumbling something under his breath. "Just tell me who you are so I can get this over with," he said, icy sky-blue eyes boring into Kaikes. Kaike frowned and pouted. How rude! This guy wasn't any fun at all!

Ezial did his best to keep his patience, but this kid was an absolute idiot! But maybe that was the plan... He had decided that until he knew for sure this kid wasn't a spy, he would keep him here. But what if that was also the plan?? He could never be too careful. Ezial stood up and walked around the desk, pacing behind Kaike. Kaike waited for a few seconds before turning to look at him.

Ezial stopped pacing and stared at Kaike. "Are you hungry?" he asked. Kaike nodded quickly and smiled. He hadn't eaten in sooo long. It must have been like eighty years since the last time he had food. Or maybe it was like a day or two. Either way, it was a long time.

Ezial nodded and opened the door and motioned for Kaike to come. Kaike frowned. He felt way to little to walk around, and remembering what had happened the last time he was here, he knew it was going to be a super long walk. Also remembering the other thing that had happened the last time he was here, he decided not to make this guy upset. He wished that he had his stuffies with him, but he had no idea where they were. Reluctantly, he stood up and followed Ezial out of the door.

As they walked down the hallway, Kaike subconsciously grabbed Ezials hand. Ezial flinched and gave an irritated sigh, but he didn't try to stop Kaike. They eventually ended up in a room that Kaike could only guess was the kitchen. Ezial pushed Leo towards one of the barstools and walked over to the fridge, glancing to the side every now and then to make sure Kaike wasn't escaping. Kaike plopped down on a barstool and stared around the room in awe.

Ezial leaned against the fridge and stared at Kaike for a few seconds before saying, "Well? What do you want?"

Pretending to be unaffected by his tone, Kaike hummed. "Scwambled eggies!" He said after a few seconds, giggling at the way Ezial raised an eyebrow.

Ezial took a deep breath in hopes to retain the last bit of sanity that still clung to his mind. Opening the fridge, he pulled the carton out and sat in on the counter before opening a cabinet and grabbing a pan. "How many eggs do you want?" He asked, casting another glance at Kaike, who was squirming around impatiently. Kaike blinked and hummed, watching as Ezial shut the cabinet and turned the stove on. "This many!" Kaike said with a giggle, holding up two fingers. 

Ezial gave him a slight smirk as he tried to stop himself from laughing. Then the smirk dropped and his usual intimidating look took over again. Ezial set the pan on the stove and popped the egg carton open. Kaike watched Ezial for a few minutes before he got bored. He tried to distract himself with looking around, but the bland walls just made him even more bored so he decided to go explore. 

After casting a glance at Ezial to make sure he wasn't looking, Kaike got up and quietly tiptoed out of the kitchen. Once he had gotten out of the doorway, which was a simple arch, he started skipping down the long hallway. He eventually came to another large, open place, which he recognized from the last time he had been here and assumed it to be a living room. He stopped and giggled at his own thoughts. A living, breathing room.

Kaike skipped over to the couch and plopped down, grabbing what he thought was a remote off of the coffee table and pointed it at the TV. There were only five buttons on it, so he tried pressing each of them, but none worked. He huffed and threw it across the room, giggling when it hit the wall and broke into pieces. Then he stopped giggling as he heard heavy footsteps approaching.

Ezial POV

Ezial finished the eggs and poured them onto a plate, grabbing a fork from the silverware drawer  and setting it on the plate. He turned to where he had left the boy, only to freeze in place at his absence.

He heard a banging sound and growled, storming out of the kitchen, down the hallway, and into the living room. He couldn't see Kaike anywhere, but he did see an impact mark on the wall and plastic bits and pieces on the floor that had wires tangled in them.

He took a deep breath, mentally cursing himself for trusting that idiot. He heard a giggle and immediately turned and went towards the sound.

Kaike POV

Kaike watched Ezial from behind the couch, peeking out from the space under the end table. He couldn't help the giggle that escaped, but he tried to keep it as quiet as possible. Apparently, he wasn't quiet enough, because now Ezial was coming straight towards his hiding spot and didn't look very happy at all. Thinking quickly, Kaike darted out under the end table and tried to run past him, but Ezial was smarter and grabbed Kaikes hood, somewhat choking him.