Chapter 3 - The thought of her, the thought of him

Mark - "at Lexie. I started looking at Lexie differently and she noticed. I just, I didn't love Julie like I did with Lexie. We didn't have the history, the chemistry and don't even get me started on the sex-"
Callie stops Mark before he goes any further.

Callie - "Right, yeah we get it Mark" *she laughed heartily* "but still why would she hit you? Why would she run you over? I was mad when Arizona spoke to another female doctor, but I never ran her over"

Arizona looks shocked now, but smirks knowing Callie gets jealous over her. It was cute.

Mark - "She wanted to *he pauses* teach me a lesson, and her main aim was to kill me. She wanted to kill me. I tried to reach out, I really did but I just couldn't. I couldn't open my mouth to tell you or to tell Lexie...I just wanted to act strong."
A single tear swirled down his cheek but he wiped it quickly to cover his sadness.

Callie gripped his hand tightly

Callie - "mark its okay, you're okay now. We ARE going to get you your justice, and get you your girl I promise." *she smiled sweetly at him*

Callie and Arizona sat by mark's bedside until he fell asleep. They soon went home after their long shift and an equally long and emotional day.

Meanwhile Lexie arrived back at home to a screaming Zola and struggling Cristina who attempted to put her down to change her diaper.

Cristina - "Lexie finally you are home. I really need your help!!" she said almost pleading now.
This was very unlike her, asking for help being the independent and vey together person she was.

Lexie took Zola from Cristina, and laid Zola down to change her diaper, giving her a pacifier to soothe her, wiping tears as she did.

Cristina - "Hey Lexie I actually have to go-" *she pauses again while realising the pain Lexie was in and walked towards her placing her hand tightly on her shoulder*

Christina - "Lexie are you okay? What happened with Mark?"

Lexie finished up with Zola, and cradled her in her arms with a bottle and blanket before turning to Cristina

Lexie - "No, no I'm really not. Mark is laying there unconscious, hurt, his injuries so bad and I cant...I cant process it. I cant process how I'm feeling, or what to think. I should've told him sooner, I should've told him I've been in love with him since the first day I saw him in the ER walking towards me. If I had told him, this wouldn't have happened. This is all my fault." *she sobbed a sleeping Zola close to her chest now*

" *she sobbed a sleeping Zola close to her chest now*

Cristina - "Lexipedia, I'm sorry. But don't blame this on yourself. Come on now. Toughen up. Be that hardcore Lexie I know. Be Meredith's sister. Be a Grey. You got this, and for the record *she whispers before leaving* I did like you, I liked you from hat first day I saw you in the ER too."

Lexie looked up at Cristina as she left, a small curvature of her lips and she felt much better.
She squeezed Zola tightly rocking her slowly forwards and backwards and reflecting on the day.

Meanwhile Mark was stuck in his hospital bed still

Meanwhile Mark was stuck in his hospital bed still. Also reflecting on his day, and his thoughts. It was almost fate as the two were looking up thinking, feeling and wishing they were together.

The end of chapter 3 - this was short as I didn't have much time this week, but tomorrow I'll be writing chapter 4, so keep your eye out for that

The end of chapter 3 - this was short as I didn't have much time this week, but tomorrow I'll be writing chapter 4, so keep your eye out for that. Again, I hope you enjoyed. Please give it a vote if you enjoyed, and any feedback would be appreciated too :)