Chapter 16 - Jo

She opened the door to find Jo, sitting there. She hadn't seen Jo in months, she had kept hiding from her abusive husband and wasn't very fond of visitors but the two got along so well. Granted they had only known each other a month, but Lexie always felt she was at home with Jo.

Lexie - "Jo" she paused looking shocked with a smile, wiping away the few tears that had crawled down her face. "What...what are you doing here" she said smiling and giving her a hug. "Are you okay?"

Jo - she didn't hug her back, and looked down "I'm fine, but the real question is...are you okay Lexie?"

Lexie - "yeah Jo I'm fine, I'm just hormonal...I needed a place to let it all out after my surgery"

Jo - "well what's this then?" She pulled Lexie's sleeve up

Lexie looked at her for a second, not wanting to admit what she'd done once again but she couldn't keep it in any longer.

Lexie - "I'm not fine

Lexie - "I'm not fine. I...I feel useless all the time. My mind ever since that surgery with Olivia is telling me I'm a failure and I deserve nothing but pain because I let her die. So, I've been hurting...um myself" she cried hysterically into Jo's arms

Jo - "Lexie, you need to stop bottling this all up

Jo - "Lexie, you need to stop bottling this all up. You aren't a burden okay? You aren't a failure, you did everything you could for that little girl. Now please let me help you, you are strong but right now you can't fight your mind alone" she said giving her a kiss on the head as they hugged

Lexie - "ugh I'm sorry" she pulled away "I shouldn't be crying like this, you...you have fought so much more. I, I'm sorry about this" she said

Jo - "Lexie, this is what I mean. I don't care how much I've fought, I have battled it, I've had therapy, I'm back. Even though I blocked you and everybody else out, your messages, your smiles at work and just thinking about how much support you gave me when I was working with you makes me so happy. Now you're hurting, and I'm going to get you some help. It's self harm Lexie, it's much more serious than just a few scratches"

 It's self harm Lexie, it's much more serious than just a few scratches"